Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy is trash... can’t stand to go in there anymore

Comment

I'm hoarding it for my two boys who are 2 and five years old. Who knows what the situation will look like over the next 70 years. I won't buy during times like this though. I only stack it deep when I can buy it cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        U got it!!!
        Supposedly the last president was the greatest boost to gun and ammo sales ever, that never threatened the 2nd amendment. That was eclipsed in only 4 years now by a president that actually banned bump stocks!!!! Go figure! [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
        Careful, you might need to re-affirm your carrying of your Republican card.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
          All the people hoarding for the big fight don’t think about how they are going to transport all this ammo they are stashing. You are not going to be able to sit in your house and shoot. They will level it. You are only going to be able to take what you can carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I've got my 10/22 for that. Not a lot of firepower but I can carry a couple hundred rounds in my pockets.

Comment

Ammo is so expensive, I took my dog to the vet to be put down because it was cheaper than wasting a bullet.

Comment

Anyone hoarding any Hornady American 129 grain? I’m getting desperately low and can’t find any. Anyone standing in lines find any?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                What is the alternative? Besides, I have time as a recently retired old dude.
                Unfortunately, the prices are crazy.

Online all sold out and I have precious few 6.5’s.

BP
                I bought some 6.5 Creedmoor last Monday morning at the Academy in Willowbrook (1960/249). I was there not long after it opened and they still had a few boxes. They get shipments Mon/Wed/Fri. They only had Hornady ELD-X 143 grain for $39.99 a box.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                  Ammo is so expensive, I took my dog to the vet to be put down because it was cheaper than wasting a bullet.
                  Good one.

Comment

Sadly I just spent $65 on a 20 round box of core locked 243 for my son. I can't take off of work to go sit in front of Academy all morning like those living off the government teet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
                      I bought some 6.5 Creedmoor last Monday morning at the Academy in Willowbrook (1960/249). I was there not long after it opened and they still had a few boxes. They get shipments Mon/Wed/Fri. They only had Hornady ELD-X 143 grain for $39.99 a box.
                      I haven’t been lucky enough to find any of that on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
                        Sadly I just spent $65 on a 20 round box of core locked 243 for my son. I can't take off of work to go sit in front of Academy all morning like those living off the government teet.

Don't throw us all into that pit. I don't live off the government and I'm not a hoarder. In fact I recently sent two boxes of 6.5 Swede for free to a member on here and offered a box of .556 soft point to another members kiddo for free. If I had any .243 I'd send you some.

Comment

Wow.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

I can't take off of work to go sit in front of Academy all morning like those living off the government teet.

Most FT workers cannot take the time off from work to go stand in line 2 or three times per week.

Comment

That’s crazy for a $12 box of ammo. Should have posted up, I’d of given you a box.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                                I haven’t been lucky enough to find any of that on the shelf.
                                I was definitely lucky. I bought my daughter a 6.5 T/C Compass 2 weeks ago. It has a threaded barrel so I put a muzzle brake on it. Found the bullets and sight in the rifle last week. She shot 2 bucks last weekend with it. It all worked out.

Comment

Working...
                                X