Academy wait line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    No, that’s not the problem. Just in this thread, look how many people are waiting in line to buy ammo. One guy admitted to buying 23 boxes. Another admitted to stocking up because he is scared of the politics climate. That is what is causing the shortage.
    I am scared of the politics but I think that's why there's 8 million new gun owners too.

Comment

No, that’s not the problem. Just in this thread, look how many people are waiting in line to buy ammo. One guy admitted to buying 23 boxes. Another admitted to stocking up because he is scared of the politics climate. That is what is causing the shortage.
      I have seen it on TBH classified and even created a thread about, all I was told by some on here was to mind my own business.

I have seen things bought on TBH classifieds lately and then advertised on a another forum for quite an extreme mark up.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
        They get ammo shipments Monday and Friday now. Sells out everyday they get shipments, there was about 70-80 people at my academy in Austin yesterday morning and I was 55th in line and was able to buy 23 boxes of ammo and I could have bought more. This one also allows people to go through the line as many times as you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yep you are part of the problem.
        Last edited by tgridley; 01-19-2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
          They get ammo shipments Monday and Friday now. Sells out everyday they get shipments, there was about 70-80 people at my academy in Austin yesterday morning and I was 55th in line and was able to buy 23 boxes of ammo and I could have bought more. This one also allows people to go through the line as many times as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
            The problem is bigger than that. There are 8 million new gun owners in the US this year. When each one buys 2-3 boxes for their new gun we have an instant shortage. The problem is not the people that have always had guns buying more it is that there are more people buying guns and ammo than ever before.
            Yep. If each bought 100 rounds that’s 800 million rounds plus the original demand.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
              Nope, Joe and Ho are the Problem

Comment

Even those that have a stockpile can’t replace what they use. I’ve cut way back on my range time for that reason. I wish I had bought thousands more rounds when it was cheap. I’m sure local gun ranges are hanging on by their fingernails because shooters can’t get ammo. Many may close for good. What I thought was a generous on hand supply isn’t nearly enough. I don’t know what constitutes enough on hand now, but I’ll be stocking up when the opportunity presents itself and prices come down. I’m sure I’m not alone. Call me a hoarder if you want. I have no interest in reselling. I’d rather have the stock on my self than hope it’s on the stores shelf when I need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
                  Even those that have a stockpile can’t replace what they use. I’ve cut way back on my range time for that reason. I wish I had bought thousands more rounds when it was cheap. I’m sure local gun ranges are hanging on by their fingernails because shooters can’t get ammo. Many may close for good. What I thought was a generous on hand supply isn’t nearly enough. I don’t know what constitutes enough on hand now, but I’ll be stocking up when the opportunity presents itself and prices come down. I’m sure I’m not alone. Call me a hoarder if you want. I have no interest in reselling. I’d rather have the stock on my self than hope it’s on the stores shelf when I need it.
                  X3 except ther are always shooters at the Bullet Hole in SA.

Comment

So what do you with the 23 boxes of ammo? You reselling or just stocking up for end times?

I shoot a lot, or I used to I should say. I’d like to still be able to shoot. I bought a couple boxes of 25-06 for my dad. Some 300blk that I’d like to trade for subsonic and 12 of the boxes of 5.56 I bought I sold to my friend at work for what I paid. I have sold 3 bricks of 22lr on here for more than I paid but well under the going rate.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post

Care to elaborate? I shoot a lot, I burn through ammo so I have to buy more, can’t get it online cheap so I buy it at academy. I get there at 9 when they open not 3 hours before and I’m not buying to flip.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        U got it!!!
                        Supposedly the last president was the greatest boost to gun and ammo sales ever, that never threatened the 2nd amendment. That was eclipsed in only 4 years now by a president that actually banned bump stocks!!!! Go figure! [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                          Friend bought a box of .223 for $80 at a gun shop. LOL
                          Tell him to IM me. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                            Trump was the first to open the door to banning 2A thru executive orders. Don't need congress now....

Comment

All the people hoarding for the big fight don’t think about how they are going to transport all this ammo they are stashing. You are not going to be able to sit in your house and shoot. They will level it. You are only going to be able to take what you can carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                X3 except ther are always shooters at the Bullet Hole in SA.

Heck, the Athena Gun Club on I-10 here in Houston is packed. I just passed by and there is hardly a parking space available.

Comment

Working...
                                X