Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice buck, good job on the rattling congrat!

Comment

I’m a week away from getting west probably, hopefully they get running good after this next full moon

Comment

43 this morning with a wind chill of 30 (constant 21 mph NNE wind)

Ought to be a good one. We shall see. A lot of deer over the last 8 days. Waiting to lay my eyes on one specific deer. My time should be coming but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
          43 this morning with a wind chill of 30 (constant 21 mph NNE wind)

Ought to be a good one. We shall see. A lot of deer over the last 8 days. Waiting to lay my eyes on one specific deer. My time should be coming but we'll see.
          Best of luck. My cell cameras are showing allot less activity around feed stations which tells me more animals are cruising/chasing than eating. Next week or so should be slamming if you like watching deer run by at mach 3.

Best of luck to all.

Rwc

Comment

Yes.. mature bucks are down 20-30 pounds versus what they were two weeks ago. Both the boys & the men are ready but the majority of the girls ain’t quite there yet… or so it seems.

I’m seeing double the amount of deer sitting over hand corn at water than I am at feeders.

Comment

It’s wide open out west.

Should be great for rattling or rifle time. November makes it tough on a bowhunter!!

Comment

Hunting is tough on a feeder during the rut but hand corn spots and road corn make it a little easier.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                  It’s wide open out west.

Should be great for rattling or rifle time. November makes it tough on a bowhunter!!

You got that right. Had a shooter this evening that could’ve been shot dead 100 times with a rifle but we strictly bow hunt year round. Very frustrating at times but something about it finally paying off makes it a hell of a lot sweeter.

Comment

We had a busy week at the lease. I killed 5 pigs (one was a boar that had been snared and broke the cable) and a blackbuck. We also got 3 culls down. All the big boys were locked down with does and the full moon was not helping. I predict the next week to be pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice BB.

Congrats on all the kills!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                        We had a busy week at the lease. I killed 5 pigs (one was a boar that had been snared and broke the cable) and a blackbuck. We also got 3 culls down. All the big boys were locked down with does and the full moon was not helping. I predict the next week to be pretty good.

Very nice!

Comment

My kids are determined to kill nice 3 year olds. I’m determined to let my teenagers not think deer hunting is all about rules. I guess it’s a trade-off.

My 16 old and my 4 1/2 year-old. The same big kid got two turkeys. Shot the first one on purpose, and got the one behind it as well. He had a good weekend.

Had one come in to a rattle, and saw one chasing, I would say numbers were average but quality was down. The big guys must be out all night in the moonlight. I got to my stand an hour before shooting light, 45 minutes before the feeder went off, and bumped deer both mornings.

Comment

Nice haul all the way around fellas. Glad to see the wives and kids outdoors..

We had a first on our place. Never seen one in my 14 years on the place but this one showed itself in front of the wrong lady today …

Comment

It’s been a year of firsts for us!! My boy got his first deer on youth weekend and my baby girl got her first deer this evening. Much better than hunting myself. They got some work to do to beat this year

Comment

Pure awesome!!!! Well done! ^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X