First burn on my place in NE Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildaggie View Post
    You need a burn plan approved by a certified burn manager. If you burn within the burn plan specs, your farm insurance should cover you. If you burn outside of the specs, you won't be covered. If you burn without a burn plan, you probably won't be covered. TPWD/NRCS/TFS and others can write a burn plan for you, or approve one that you write. TPWD and NRCS can also assist you with a burn on your place. They usually will provide equipment and some people. You are responsible for the fire breaks, providing some people, and you are the "burn boss", meaning it is still your fire. This is done for teaching, and once you have a couple of burns under your belt and feel comfortable, you can conducts burns on your own. It's a great tool.
    Everyone needs to check with their own insurance company, and I would recommend getting something in writing as I did. My understanding is you only have to have a written burn plan if you are a CBM .
    I strongly recommend doing your homework because rules vary depending on location. I have been burning for over forty years and take each and every one very seriously. For all rules and regulations go to TCEQ web sight on outdoor burning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
      Everyone needs to check with their own insurance company, and I would recommend getting something in writing as I did. My understanding is you only have to have a written burn plan if you are a CBM .
      I strongly recommend doing your homework because rules vary depending on location. I have been burning for over forty years and take each and every one very seriously. For all rules and regulations go to TCEQ web sight on outdoor burning.
      I agree. My brothers in law had specific training and have years of experience burning their property. A lot more involved than just lighting a drip torch and taking a walk.
      I believe they used the Noble Foundation to get started, training and as CBM for first burn.

And that ugly wind turbine in my pic is actually several miles from their property, not on it.
      No offense intended to those with turbines on their land.

Comment

My neighbor has a dozer out today, getting ready to burn the rest of his place.

Comment

Working...
        X