No announcement yet.

More hunting pressure with covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckily a lot of folks were afraid to leave the trail.
    Huh?!

Comment

I saw today where AGFC reported 214,022 deer checked, which is a record but not by too much. Still, probably an indicator that more people spent more time deer hunting this season.

Comment

Definitely more people out and about this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That may be why I have seen only 3 legal bucks on my two places this season--it's as good an explanation as any I can come up with.

Comment

Our deer went more nocturnal on 2 places i hunt this year as well. Assuming it was due to surrounding pressure as it wasn't from our group. One near Fredericksburg we still saw tons of deer every sit.

Comment

Had a convo with a bordering rancher last evening, the road and night hunting has been off the charts since spring, warden has had his hands full with the lawless behavior since the shutdown started.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                Absolutely
                Hunting and fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                For sure - fishing license sales were up around 28% from the previous license year and TPWD has seen ~100K new entrants. Not sure what the jump was with hunting licenses but it's probably not too far behind since most people opt for the combo.

There has been increased interest in the outdoors all across the board - fishing, hunting, shooting sports, camping, biking, paddle sports, etc... All good news as long as we take care of the resources.

Comment

Working...
                X