No announcement yet.

Cabin Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another option is two Honda EU3000i and hook in series when you need it and only run one when you don't. You could save a substantial amount of fuel, and be better emergency backup wise. Odds of two hondas failing at the same time are really low. Might only be able to run one mini split at a time on one generator, but that might be all you need most days.

Plus it is easier to handle 140# vs 240#

Only issue would be no 220V
    Last edited by BrianL; 01-12-2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Always go bigger than you need when it comes to electricity, you will want to add more appliances. If you have a smaller geni you wont be able to.

Comment

the predator 3500 inverter your currently using will actually do the same if you add a second predator 3500 inverter

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
        Another option is two Honda EU3000i and hook in series when you need it and only run one when you don't. You could save a substantial amount of fuel, and be better emergency backup wise. Odds of two hondas failing at the same time are really low. Might only be able to run one mini split at a time on one generator, but that might be all you need most days.

Plus it is easier to handle 140# vs 240#

Comment

I ordered the Honda7000es today. I also ordered a venting kit, and a hard wired start button to mount & install in the cabin. I will do the propane conversion down the road.

The generator is going in my well house. Noise is a big deal to me for sure.

Our lease down in Mexico uses a 3500W predator (not the inverter kind), and even 150' away from the house - it makes my head hurt after a couple hours of listening to that thing go.

Comment

When wireing I would install 12 volt RV lights ,solar panel and battery and inverter
            You don’t realize how often your only power required is for lights

Comment

Originally posted by Saddlehorse View Post
              When wireing I would install 12 volt RV lights ,solar panel and battery and inverter
              You don’t realize how often your only power required is for lights
              Can you elaborate on this setup a bit? I have generator for power and you are right, it would be great to not have to use it for lights

Comment

We used 2 6 volt Trojan golf cart batteries tied together to get 12 volts a charge controller a 50 watt solar panel and a inverter to change 120 volt to 12 volts
                This will charge your batteries when generator is running
                We did our camp house with 4 batteries to power the microwave but if just lights 2 is sufficient our whole setup was less than a $1000

Comment

I’m going to the lease this weekend if you want pictures

Comment

I think you may try to check something like this list.
                    Anyway, I would like to see how it will be in the final.

Comment

Working...
                    X