Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    ****!!!

I remember the blimp well. It seems we was told it was for the "weather" but the place had a high fence and an office without a single window.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    No, not for weather. They had a string of them all the way down the whole gulf coast, up the rio grande and around thru Arizona. It was a federal project. They were 100% for catching drug traffickers.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
      When I was in high school, one of my dad’s buddies had a shack out on the peninsula and asked me if I wanted to fly out with him and check on the house which his son was staying in while we were in town, we flew over and walked in to the house , and his son was
      Sitting in a reclining chair with a bowl of cereal in his lap and a Syringe in his arm dead as a hammer from a OD
      Sorry no lore but you triggered up a memory about that place
      Yeah, that sucks. Where were they from?

Comment

Have no way of verifying the veracity of this story, maybe some of you know whether it is true or not.

An old salt down in Galveston once told me some stories about a confederate POW camp that held Yankees was established out in the marsh around Cold Pass (San Luis Pass area). Could be plausible given the civil war history in the bays.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
          No, not for weather. They had a string of them all the way down the whole gulf coast, up the rio grande and around thru Arizona. It was a federal project. They were 100% for catching drug traffickers.
          I have no doubt. Didnt make sense for weather

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
            Yeah, that sucks. Where were they from?
            Port O’Connor, we took off from poco on a grass strip and went out landed on a old cement air base, only time to go out to it

Comment

I live in Anahuac(Ana-Wack). It’s actually where the Texas Revolution started. William Travis was thrown in jail by the Mexicans, and a few boys from here started a fight, and got him out. They’re building a statue of Travis, and one my kin that started the fight. Lots of historical markers and a small museum as well!

Karankawa injuns set up shop here, and Jean Lafitte used to hide out here. Jackson & Barrow ranches are here! Also lots of German POW’s were here, put to work in the rice fields.

Also, I own an rv park, right next door, with cabins! Come check it out!
              Last edited by MisterSanders; 01-14-2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

This thread is awesome. Keep the stories coming guys.

Comment

Working...
                X