Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great buck! congrats!

Comment

Very nice muley! Looks like a great trip. Congrats on the success.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
        Very well done. Love the setup. Did you stay warm In the tent ?

I stayed really warm when I had the stove rolling, the problem was when I went to sleep and the stove went out. I couldn’t find big enough pieces of wood to keep it stoked for more than 2 hours or so

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
          I was wondering why you had not updated your South Texas thread for a while, now I know. Congrats! That is a really nice buck! Nice, heavy horns. Looks like a tough area to stalk even without snow.

Great job.

Yeah this hunt pretty much took up the rest of my deer season here at home. Plus my target buck broke 4 tines off at our S. Texas place. Not cool

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
            Way to go amigo! How far was the shot?

The shot was 75 yards. As soon as I released the shot I knew if he stood there and took it that he was dead. The deer was calm and head down feeding. He didn’t move till the arrow hit him.

Comment

Congrats on a solid NM buck! What unit is that? jk. I think I have a pretty good idea where you were but these lips are shut. The thing with those stoves is always having a hunting partner to help keep it fed so you’re not waking up every two hours haha.

You need to get Clay out there with you but it seems he’s always too busy shooting birds

Comment

Awesome mulie, dude. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                  The shot was 75 yards. As soon as I released the shot I knew if he stood there and took it that he was dead. The deer was calm and head down feeding. He didn’t move till the arrow hit him.
                  Solid man.

Comment

Seek tent?

That's some awesome country, agreed most guy wouldn't have the patience for the glassing or ability to close the deal even if they were lucky enough to draw that tag!

Comment

Great job and way to get it done. Every public land kill is a trophy, but you killed a great buck, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by BassMaster13 View Post
                        Seek tent?

That's some awesome country, agreed most guy wouldn't have the patience for the glassing or ability to close the deal even if they were lucky enough to draw that tag!

Yep seek outside Redcliff

Comment

Beautiful deer.

Comment

Great buck and pics. Congrats

Comment

much respect sir, very impressive all the way around. congrats.

I love reading about hunts like this.

Comment

What method(s) did you use to stay warm at night and during the hunt? Any tips and must haves?

Comment

Working...
                                X