No announcement yet.

Cold feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned to never wear socks for activity or hunting that contained ANY cotton in them, even in the summer. They're going to get damp, every time, and will keep your feet cold.
    My hunting socks are mixtures of synthetics (polyester, spandex, etc.) and I don't wear thick socks any more. If you're using insulated boots, let them do the work, not the socks. Thinner socks are the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
      The key is.............
      Keep your feet dry................
      One of the first things I do, when I get in a blind...........
      Is take my boots off, for awhile....Let my feet breathe...............
      This...with a heater. Never an issue again,

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        Moisture wicking thin socks and wool socks.
        ↑↑ This but use unscented foot powder then put the thin moisture wicking socks on. Wear these to the blind then once your situated put the warmer socks on on top of the thin socks.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
          1. Hot Hands foot insole warmers are awesome!!

2. Has anyone had good luck wearing bunny boots?? I heard Steve Rinella talk about them one time. Not great for stalking but great for sitting still.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...e-new?a=733408
          I bought a pair of bunny boots for a winter trip to Alaska. I will let you know how they worked when I get back.

Comment

lots of good information on this thread

Comment

Darn tough (merino)socks.

Light weight - hiking / stalking/ hi activity 30 degrees - 70 degrees

med weight - stand sitting / glassing / super cold temps 0- 45 degrees

If you can justify buying an extra pair of boots get a pair 1 or 2 sizes bigger. The air gap helps ALOT.
              Last edited by BassMaster13; 01-11-2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I use thin wicking socks and antiperspirant and never have issues.

Comment

Try Carpe or No Sweat antiperspirant lotion (easily found on Amazon). My feet sweat something terrible and this clinical strength antiperspirant is the only thing that works. Using that, combined with a good pair of wool socks and foot powder will really help your situation.

Comment

When we were living in Colorado and were skiing we used Wigwam brand socks. They are a wool blend....no cotton. Solved our issues with sweaty feet.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                      I bought a pair of bunny boots for a winter trip to Alaska. I will let you know how they worked when I get back.
                      Many thanks. Good luck and if you have service we will need that Live from Alaska thread!

Comment

Darn Tough...AND MADE IN THE USA.

Best sox i have found so far. Well worth the $25 pair price.

I will go a head and say, "You're Welcome" so you don't even have to come back to the thread

Comment

Originally posted by jayb View Post
                          darn tough...and made in the usa.

Best sox i have found so far. Well worth the $25 pair price.

I will go a head and say, "you're welcome" so you don't even have to come back to the thread
                          this!!

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            In this scenario I am an idiot and forgot my Mr buddy heater lol.
                            Ouch. Mine is like American Express. Don't leave home without it.

Comment

Heater

Mr Heater and I never get cold. Hate cold feet and fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                                Sabine, my former foreman had diabetes. He found a 2” long split in his heel that was over 1/2” deep. Never felt it! Took months to heal up. Stay on top of that stuff bro!
                                Thank you for the advice. I do baby my feet as I don't look forward to walking on my 'ankle nubs'. I went muzzleloading this past weekend, Sat 35, Sun 37, and my feet were fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X