Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
    Let him go! That style QB is never sustainable anyway so I say bye Felicia!

With that said I could see why he wants out as well, so win for everyone.

Seriously? He whole league is trending in that direction with QB’s. The only true pocket passers are on verge of retirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      Seriously? He whole league is trending in that direction with QB’s. The only true pocket passers are on verge of retirement

Yes I’m dead serious. As I’m watching Lamar Jackson light the Titans up. Cam Newton did wonders in New England.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
        Let him go! That style QB is never sustainable anyway so I say bye Felicia!

With that said I could see why he wants out as well, so win for everyone.
        You say style of QB play, but Watson lead the NFL in passing yards this season, ahead of Mahomes and Rodgers.

He’s mobile for sure, but has earned his stripes as a passing qb. Just on the worst possible team with the worst front office

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post

What QB in the last 30 years has won a super bowl that wasn’t a pocket passer other than MAYBE Mahomes. He is truly a pocket passer with the ability to extend plays, much like Russell Wilson, but they are truly pocket passers. Mahomes is slow as Christmas.

Pocket QB > Athletic scramble QB

Comment

E Z fix. Walk away from football and stop cashing those big Texans’ checks.

Pull a Barry Sanders. Or, shut up and play.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
              You say style of QB play, but Watson lead the NFL in passing yards this season, ahead of Mahomes and Rodgers.

He’s mobile for sure, but has earned his stripes as a passing qb. Just on the worst possible team with the worst front office
              This is the truth - he’s a legit passer from anywhere. Inside or outside the pocket. He just needs an oline. And a defense.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                What QB in the last 30 years has won a super bowl that wasn’t a pocket passer other than MAYBE Mahomes. He is truly a pocket passer with the ability to extend plays, much like Russell Wilson, but they are truly pocket passers. Mahomes is slow as Christmas.

I can agree with a guy that can throw is the #1 priority. However, I want a guy that can run when needed. It’s painful to watch qbs like Tom Brady run

Comment

I bet he's staying in the pocket this week
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                    Let him go, I’d lose every game before I’d le6t the imates run the prison.

We sucked with him
                    We definitely didn't suck because of him. We only won the games we did because of him. He led the NFL in passing yards.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post

This is pretty much the point I was trying to make. I think we are way to quick to start coining these guys as franchise QBs. That style of play historically just has not worked in the NFL. Was not that long ago everyone thought RG3 was elite and dear God what about the short lived year that Kaepernick looked decent. Defensive coordinators adjust and when you are a running QB, you take a beating.

Seeing Tom Brady run is atrocious, I get it. Heck we all saw his combine tape...... but there’s been confetti dropped on him like he’s at **** Clark’s New Year’s Eve party more times than we’d all like to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                        Don’t care. I’m so sick of the employees thinking they get a say. The owners take all the financial risk. Send him on his way.
                        Key players are almost always consulted on big position hires within the franchise. Not to mention, the owners may be taking "all of the risk" but it's definitely a trickle down effect. Go's and coaches make decisions that directly or indirectly effect players careers, contracts, built in incentives, etc. It only makes sense that they would want to be in the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by tlh2865 View Post
                          Sports teams are almost exclusively not a money making business. Guys with insane amounts of money buy them as toys. So really there isn't any financial risk for them. The value in a sports team is in the ability to sell it to another person with an insane amount of money. And there is no risk that the sale price of an nfl team could drop because there are so few of them.

It’s a financial risk however you care to phrase it. Just because it is an insane amount of money and the fact those guys have an insane amount of money doesn’t mean it’s not a risk. I bet you these guys are taking it in the teeth this year as owners. I don’t really care if they are or aren’t. Can they weather it because they have tons of money? Sure, most likely so. But Deshaun is an employee that gets paid to play. If Deshaun isn’t happy, then trade him. I find it strange that an employee would expect to be consulted on this hire and that this hire isn’t viewed as the Texans doing what’s necessary to right the ship?

It’s really not about Deshaun, Im sure he’s a super guy, as much as it is that I am so sick of pro sports in general and college is getting closer and closer to that with me.

Comment

Hmmm people actually still watch the nfl! That is news to me.

Comment

I just love these threads

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                                I bet he's staying in the pocket this week
                                He better look out for those 4-knuckle talons that chick is sporting, or he's gonna get diced to shreds. I don't care what the rest of her looks like, if I was a top NFL QB, I'll be ****ed if I'd take up with a girl with toes like an ostrich. Just my personal preference.

Comment

Working...
                                X