No announcement yet.

Feeder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like a 6v feeder. You might need slinging power and no cage. A lot of that corn is likely falling close to strait down

Comment

Poor about 20 sacks of concrete in hole while it’s got some water in it and be done with that problem. Did it to several of mine and it turned out nice. Made a small cement hill under feeder and the deer love eating off it. Lol!
      Last edited by ShaBow; 01-10-2021, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
        Poor about 20 sacks of concrete in hole while it’s got some water in it and be done with that problem. Did it to several of mine and it turned out nice. Made a small cement hill under feeder and the deer love eating off it. Lol!
        I've seen some folks do this same thing and it worked out great. Be sure you don't cement in your feeder legs

Comment

Yall know i actually thought about doing the cement thing but didn't know how itd turn out!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
            Yall know i actually thought about doing the cement thing but didn't know how itd turn out!!!!
            What ever you do don't chip it your wife will have your azz

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

They will snorkel for it...lol.
              Attached Files

Comment

I wish I had this problem! Been way to dry for the last few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Some folks claim success using a cattle panel below the unit placing the legs in the holes to keep it in place. Ive never tried it but have seen it mentioned on here a lot.
                  It helps. I did it under my feeder. If you have a lot of hogs like I do they still end up making a hole that fills with water. I'm thinking of filling it with dirt and then add some gravel for the top 2-3 inches. Either that or concrete lol

Comment

I had a few “lake” that too. Took QuickCrete during the off season. At first I just dropped the bags and it set up in the bag. Hogs rooted them away. The next season I mixed in a wheel barrow and never had an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                      Cut a cattle panel in half and lay the halves on the ground. Set the feeder over them and the critters can't dig a big hole under it.
                      +1

Comment

We put heavy duty shelving under ours and it does good

Comment

Working...
                        X