Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a bigger cable is the right idea. Thanks for all the input

Comment

Following. Good advice here. I’m wanting to build a zipline over one of my ponds this summer for the kids and adults to play on.

Comment

Lots of websites for diy ziplines...I’d recommend you do some research

Comment

Not sure how much length you need but I have a ton of useless cable laying around.
          I am a tower guy, so every time we string new guy cables, or replace existing guy cables I wind up with leftover hanks.
          All galvanized steel.
          3/16 - 1/2 inch.
          If I could help let me know.
          Probably have to work out an express though, as it's gets heavy quick.
          3/8 is running about 44 cents a foot from my guy right now, so it might be easier to just buy it.

Comment

I built one over a small tank around 125 ft long and used 1/4 cable from lowes Kid was in middle school and weighed about 100lbs or so it worked fine. You need solid anchor points and a big turn buckle to get it tight.

Comment

This is the one we put up as mentioned above

Comment

Seen a kit at Tractor Supply several weeks ago.

Comment

Don't compromise on safety. She will not always be 80 pounds, so buy 3/8 or 7/16 cable and be done with replacing it as she grows,

Comment

340# would be the static load. I believe climbing ropes are tested at 10% of the static load dropped from either 6’ or 8’ (can’t remember) several times.

So I'd take a couple cinder blocks that add up to 34#, have the cable tied to a tree limb with the blocks hovering just above the ground.

Then lift them up to the top of a 6’ step ladder, push them off and see what happens. I’d wear some safety glasses just in case.

Comment

Working...
                    X