No announcement yet.

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close the thread 2021 is over. All your pics suck without GPS coordinates.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
      Mallard

You fishing brush piles or something else? You are hammering them perch!
      He freezing the same 11 inchers on that stringer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        He freezing the same 11 inchers on that stringer

Lol [emoji1787] don't be jelous. 11 inches are not even worth cleaning. KILLER..To answer your question all the fish I catch come from brush I dropped over the years.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
        Last edited by mallardman02; 01-02-2022, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mallardman02 View Post
          Lol [emoji1787] don't be jelous. 11 inches are not even worth cleaning. KILLER..To answer your question all the fish I catch come from brush I dropped over the years.

I hear your a cad man on your real job. I have a real question for you, why just why you need to keep that many ? And before you say I'm jealous I'm not. I used to be like you years ago way before livescope. But now anyone can do this. You know what I do now is take a clicker with me and then I know how many I could have killed. I know you're not breaking any laws but you should think about tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            I hear your a cad man on your real job. I have a real question for you, why just why you need to keep that many ? And before you say I'm jealous I'm not. I used to be like you years ago way before livescope. But now anyone can do this. You know what I do now is take a clicker with me and then I know how many I could have killed. I know you're not breaking any laws but you should think about tomorrow.

The jealous comment was a joke. I can see this honestly bothers you. LiveScope is just another tool. It does not guarantee a limit of fish. They were saying the same thing when side scan technology came out. Most of those fillets go to families in need at a local church. I enjoy eating them along with my neighbors. As far as my lake is concerned the tp&w biologist recommends keeping all you can from it. There is an overpopulation last survey they did accounting for why there are very few big fish. Alot of people don't understand that you have to harvest fish to have a healthy population. Believe me where I fish I don't make a dent. Those are coming from all different parts of the lake and everywhere you go crappie are stacked. Happy fishing.

Comment

The jealous comment was a joke. I can see this honestly bothers you. LiveScope is just another tool. It does not guarantee a limit of fish. They were saying the same thing when side scan technology came out. Most of those fillets go to families in need at a local church. I enjoy eating them along with my neighbors. As far as my lake is concerned the tp&w biologist recommends keeping all you can from it. There is an overpopulation last survey they did accounting for why there are very few big fish. Alot of people don't understand that you have to harvest fish to have a healthy population. Believe me where I fish I don't make a dent. Those are coming from all different parts of the lake and everywhere you go crappie are stacked. Happy fishing.

It does ,I've just seen over the years the depletion of fish were they said its fine just for some dock shots. You can't even compare side image to livescope not even close. I have a friend of mine who couldn't catch his azz before livescope. As far as making a dent oh your making a dent. And since I know people that know you I know where you mostly fish and it's definitely getting beat up. But keep being you take plenty dock shots so everyone can tell you how great you are.

Comment

Is there a 2022 thread yet?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

You can definitely hurt the crappie population on a lake. It's already happening in on some lakes because of livescope. Wait till you got 30 to 40 boats a day with liveacope on Lake Houston you will see the difference in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
                    You can definitely hurt the crappie population on a lake. It's already happening in on some lakes because of livescope. Wait till you got 30 to 40 boats a day with liveacope on Lake Houston you will see the difference in a few years.
                    https://acccrappiestix.com/2021/02/2...-conservation/

Interesting read.

I wouldn't mind them going to a 15 fish day limit pp. 40 boat total for guides on Conroe, Houston and Livingston where I fish. 25 pp is a ton of fish.

Comment

Interesting read.

I wouldn't mind them going to a 15 fish day limit pp. 40 boat total for guides on Conroe, Houston and Livingston where I fish. 25 pp is a ton of fish.

You don't have to have the government to step in you can implement it on your own. I can promise you that if they do you won't be happy

Comment

I dont think you can compare side image to livescope then post a link to an article that says livescope is a "deadly tool in the hands of fisherman".

Its not even close. The crappie get togethers are a small sample of that and prove it

Comment

Interesting read.

Yes 15 a day & maybe 12" instead of 10".

Comment

This reminds me of the arguments between what size/age deer to shoot. [emoji849]
                            I don't think that this is what the thread is about.
                            I've seen it argued on other forums till some biologists steps in and shuts everyone up. But there are biologists that will argue who is right also. There is always a counter side to everything.

And yes, there is a 2022 thread. I hope the arguing doesn't carry over to there.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              This reminds me of the arguments between what size/age deer to shoot. [emoji849]
                              I've seen it argued on other forums till some biologists steps in and shuts everyone up. But there are biologists that will argue who is right also. There is always a counter side to everything.

And yes, there is a 2022 thread. I hope the arguing doesn't carry over to there.

Well why are you on the 2021 thread ?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

It's more of a discussion than an argument. Hasn't been any name calling to be an argument.

But to make it one, snowflake is a no fishing scallywag who falls off the boat. And slew is an oil burning ocean perch wanna be

Comment

Working...
                                X