No announcement yet.

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer seasons over and apparently ducks don’t come south anymore so look out slabs!!

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
      Black lake is in TX???
      Just NE of Natchitoches La. a little ways. used to be a good duck lake too. I bet I haven’t been there in 25 years or more.

I also don’t think Navarro Mills is the lake it used to be but I could be wrong. Never been there.

Comment

Everybody should hook up their boat and head west to OH Ivie. West Tx is where it's at if you want to catch some good slabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Lake Meridith is a excellent lake. But take your shotgun cause your gonna need it to get your boat through all the geese.

Also, the water level at O.C. Fisher is over 41 foot low. Should make excellent crappie fishing. Be like shoot-n fish in a barrle, they be so dense.

https://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/re...tml/SAGT2.html

Can you even get on Meridith anymore? I remember years ago chasing geese we were driving through the lake bed a mile and a half from where water was supposed to be! I see it's 51' low now. Not sure what it was back then. 08-09 I would guess! Boat ramps out of the water and couldn't even see water from the ramps! No more ducks and gunshots I hear I'm glad I'm fishing!

Comment

Greenbelt .... Now that's a crappie lake. It's closer than Meredith

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
              Everybody should hook up their boat and head west to OH Ivie. West Tx is where it's at if you want to catch some good slabs.
              I bet that lake does have some big ones

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lights Out View Post
                Navarro Mills is in TX😂😂 And the state record for black crappie.
                State record white crappie!! Caught what like 70 years ago? Lake Fork has the state record crappie. Caught off the dock at the minnow bucket and weighted in there! I wouldn’t mind fishing out west but I don’t like driving through the metroplex so I’ll stay here in E Tx!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  I bet that lake does have some big ones

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                  Actually it does , you might see 5 or 6 boats all day. You really need 3 or 4 days to learn the lake and it's in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Progress today! Gotta rig some wiring, go through lower unit, and some other things. Been crazy busy moving and stuff. But there's hope to be back in the water sooner than never!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                      Progress today! Gotta rig some wiring, go through lower unit, and some other things. Been crazy busy moving and stuff. But there's hope to be back in the water sooner than never!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      Nice, we'll be looking for your crappie pictures soon.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope you get it fixed up Flex! I had a Johnson tiller on a duck boat once. It was scared of water!

Comment

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

We hammered them Wednesday afternoon off the dock before heading to the deer stand. Those little crappie nibblits can certainly make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats Chad! I love dock fishing in the cooler months.

Get-r-done Flex ! Them ducks ain't gonna stick around with this warm weather!
                            Or you could be like me and throw a couple jugs out while wait-n on the birds. Or just pick up the deeqes and go chase sandies and striper when the Turns and gulls start hit-n the water.

Comment

Almost forgot. Merry Christmas everbody!

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X