No announcement yet.

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick trip after work yesterday before the front.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Got out yesterday after work at Ray Roberts. Size was not great bit fish were biting. stayed till the moon came up. Bite stopped after dark. Most fish were 6 to 12 ft deep and short striking (lot of missed hook sets).

Saw a bald eagle on our way out!

Slew good luck this weekend at darbonne!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Prayers up for David Benson with Big Dave’s crappie guide service on Lake Palestine. I was told yesterday he’s in the hospital on a ventilator battling Covid. I’m so sick of this nasty virus.
        You really are sick of it now......

Comment

Originally posted by mallardman02 View Post
          Quick trip after work yesterday before the front.

you sir are a crappie catching beast

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Made it to D’Arbonne today! Not the plan we figured but I’m here none the less! Tried our new Livescope rig out today and I couldn’t find my jig like I can on the trolling motor. Not sure if I want to mess with it tomorrow or fish the way we have for years and start back practicing on the new rig Sunday.

Comment

Made it to D’Arbonne today! Not the plan we figured but I’m here none the less! Tried our new Livescope rig out today and I couldn’t find my jig like I can on the trolling motor. Not sure if I want to mess with it tomorrow or fish the way we have for years and start back practicing on the new rig Sunday.
              What rig are you speaking of

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Won't be keeping them for awhile. My freezer as well as neighbors and friends are full. Guide service is almost up and running.

Comment

Got the second rig lined out today! Gotta put 2 days together for a change! Sitting in 3rd with 12.38 after day one out of 139 teams I believe.

Comment

Gettem Slew!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Got the second rig lined out today! Gotta put 2 days together for a change! Sitting in 3rd with 12.38 after day one out of 139 teams I believe.

That's a great showing on the first day. Hopefully you can improve on that everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                        That's a great showing on the first day. Hopefully you can improve on that everyday.
                        Just need to improve on it tomorrow!! Then start prefishing for the Expo Sunday.

Be cool to see the red river again! I haven’t been on it in 20 plus years and then I had a shotgun in my hands!

Comment

3rd place?! Well you can do better than that! Try harder![emoji38]

Good luck tmw Todd!

Comment

I sure hope Todd and Clay are busy celebrating their win on D'Arbonne and too busy to post. Anyone heard from them? I can't find today's results anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                              I sure hope Todd and Clay are busy celebrating their win on D'Arbonne and too busy to post. Anyone heard from them? I can't find today's results anywhere.

Crappie Masters just posted the results. They finished in 2nd place, less than .3 pounds from the lead. Congratulations Todd and Clay.

Comment

Thanks y’all! Super happy with runner up in this field! Yesterday was tough. Couldn’t get the quality bites we needed. D’Arbonne is a fun lake though. Probably caught 50-75 a day being picky. We casted fo fish at 30/40 foot mostly. Your not getting on top of those fish. There and Grenada are the spookiest fish I’ve ever seen. Late for launch at day one of practice at fhe crappie expo already! Didn’t get over here till 10 last night and it was nearly one when I got in bed!

If y’all are looking for something to do next weekend come check out the crappie expo in Shreveport! Wally does it up right!

Comment

Working...
                                X