2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flex View Post
    I need to play with the down scan settings I guess. Couldn't really see anything. But the sonar was fine. Worked good enough to see some brush piles. And definitely got me on them. I'd throw the buoy on pass by from console like normal. Usually found the pile 5-10' away from it with the finder up front.

Not a live view! But should help me a bunch once I figure out what I'm looking at more!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Look at stuff you know so you will better understand what your looking at. With downscan on the TM the fish will show up as a line. Drop baits to the line!! Catch and repeat till the line is gone! 50 more on the table today. I need some new knife blades!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      Look at stuff you know so you will better understand what your looking at. With downscan on the TM the fish will show up as a line. Drop baits to the line!! Catch and repeat till the line is gone! 50 more on the table today. I need some new knife blades!!
      Will do. Thanks. Wind wasn't cooperative so had to try some new spots. Trolling battery was bad. Hopefully that solves why my down scan wasn't right.

Comment

I have a tough time finding brush piles with livescope that I’ve marked with side scan. Hats off to you for figuring out how to find them with down imaging, learning how to find them with di will make you a better fisherman. Guys like Slew only use livescope to pick out the big fish.... wish I was 1/10 as good as they are

Comment

Caught this slab a couple weeks ago while bass fishing. Weighed 1.75 lbs, my biggest. Was fishing the north lake of the Battle Springs Ranch in Oklahoma.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 3under3 View Post
            I have a tough time finding brush piles with livescope that I’ve marked with side scan. Hats off to you for figuring out how to find them with down imaging, learning how to find them with di will make you a better fisherman. Guys like Slew only use livescope to pick out the big fish.... wish I was 1/10 as good as they are
            You shouldn't have trouble something is not right with your unit. They are really easy. Just keep at it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3under3 View Post
              I second what SNF said. I watched the screen for 10 minutes and knew what I was looking at.

Now Catching them, the curve is a little longer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

50 more took a ride today! They’re starting to bunch up in the timber! Only gonna get better the next couple months.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  50 more took a ride today! They’re starting to bunch up in the timber! Only gonna get better the next couple months.
                  I love crappie, but I can't eat them everyday. What do you do with your excess? Once a week is about all I can do

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I second what SNF said. I watched the screen for 10 minutes and knew what I was looking at.

Now Catching them, the curve is a little longer

My livescope settings could definitely improve based on what I see on YouTube. I also need to improve my boat control and figure out how to find brush piles I have side scanned. I get frustrated when I can’t find a pile when I turn forward view out to 40 feet and my my networked hummingbird up front says I am close to the waypoint. I’m still having fun figuring it out and plan to take a trip with Todd when he gets done with the tournaments

Comment

Man! Starting to kind of get a feel for it. My downscan doesn't work up front. But the sonar is fine. Found two new brush piles this evening. First in 10' and pulled about a dozen off it. But all except one were too small.

Second pile was in 15' and caught 4 nice keepers and a few more dinks. All 5 I kept this evening were over a lb. Largest was 1lb 9oz.

Starting to trust sonar I suppose. Added a snapshot of one of the piles I found. Guess that's what they're supposed to look like.

Comment

Yep. That's what they look like. And thanks for the coordinates[emoji38]

Comment

That should be easy to find [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            I love crappie, but I can't eat them everyday. What do you do with your excess? Once a week is about all I can do
                            He is guiding, clients take them

But we do go to his house often for fish frys

Comment

Go for it. Lol. The lakes public. I'm sure every guy with livescope already knows where it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                Go for it. Lol. The lakes public. I'm sure every guy with livescope already knows where it is!

No worries. That pile was full of dinks anyway right?!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X