• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warrington View Post
    What meats are made into fajitas
    Are they tenderized
    How thick
    I cross cut the roast and leave the pieces as big as I can to cook. Tenderize but not with the thing you run round steaks through. That imo makes the meat dry out fast.. I pan sear to medium rare and then slice on a cutting board..
    If the chunks are small I just pan sear and put them on the tortilla..

Comment

Are they tenderized
      How thick
      I leave the muscle sections InThe hind quarters whole when processing for stuff like this. Cut them 3/8ths ish thick with the grain marinade and don’t overcook. I don’t tenderize any but I also usually dry age my deer for a week.

Comment

About 1 or 2 times a month.

Comment

Are they tenderized
          How thick
          Traditionally... skirt steak

a.k.a. transversus abdominis (abdominal wall muscle/diaphragm)

Best tenderized by the butcher.
          Some can be 3/4 -1" in the middle.

Comment

Hunters creek processing in liberty hill makes some really good fajitas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Skirt steak is what I’ve used.

Comment

Slice the rump roasts thin. Run thru Tenderizer if you have one. Dice into fajita size strips
                In a bowl, poUr some Italian dressing then heavy on cumin, paprika, and pepper. Little salt. Soak meat in it and marinade few hours. Let the dressing do it’s thing.
                I like get the outdoor flat top grill going and have onions, poblanos, jalapeños, and bells sautéing on one side, then dump the soaked meat strips on the other.
                If the flat top is good and seasoned, wipe off and then heat up your tortillas when meat and veggies are done.
                I also am a big fan of cilantro and a dollop of sour cream on my fajitas. Shredded cheese, Guac or salsa is also good

As others said, this is made in my household regularly.
                Lastly: a good tortilla makes a fajita. Mission tortillas are not good tortillas.

Comment

We just ate some Aoudad fajitas and they were the awesome. Shout out to Cajun Blake and his fajita seasoning.

Comment

I had some made at Fleming's in Montgomery. They are jam up and would recommend them to anyone.

Comment

I've made them with elk, gemsbok, and red stag. Just used fiesta fajita seasoning.

Comment

Working...
                      X