Wood Duck Roost Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood Duck Roost Video

I took this video at my Ranch in Northeast Texas of all the wood ducks coming into roost after shooting light. Hope yall enjoy!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

sorry i dont know why it posed the video so many times

Comment

Wow, I know where I would be when the sun came up........

Comment

There's plenty of light left! It's time you have to worry about! LOL!
        That's a lot of Woodies for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBow25 View Post
          sorry i dont know why it posed the video so many times
          This place should be protected and not hunted like it's sacred grounds. We don't have very many of these Wood Duck Roosting places left.
          I knew of 3 all in East Texas and all are now destroyed or shot up.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for sharing. Please preserve this gold mine of yours. I'd like to come and take some pictures out there one day. Maybe I'll sit on that point where I can see both sides.

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. That was cool to watch.

Comment

Pretty dang cool!

Comment

I lost count !!!

Comment

Cool videos. I still have 2 roost that sent destroyed. The modern “duck hunter” here with the new era of the surface drive motor and no clue what they are driving through has destroyed every roost on public and private water. It’s like stomping through a bucks bedding area with a flashlight and setting up expecting to be successful. Arkansas has been destroyed also by mass numbers driving through roost

Comment

Very cool videos. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Good stuff.

The 4th video was definitely my favorite!

Comment

Very cool video! Thanks for sharing it with us. That's a special place

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Cool videos. I still have 2 roost that sent destroyed. The modern “duck hunter” here with the new era of the surface drive motor and no clue what they are driving through has destroyed every roost on public and private water. It’s like stomping through a bucks bedding area with a flashlight and setting up expecting to be successful. Arkansas has been destroyed also by mass numbers driving through roost
                          Cringe worthy!

People hunting late in the morning and AFTERNOONS, plus driving their harleys through the woods “scouting” has definitely moved ducks around.

Call me a purist, but I wish they’d cut off shooting at 10am and do something about the shot chasing (COUGH) I mean scouting.

Cool video by OP. It’s fun to watch big groups come to roost in the evening.

Comment

We will get them like that every few years on our place. sometimes it seems that they are only there for a few weeks and then move on. We don't shoot them off of it but we are hunting the property. The good acorn years are usually what drives it.

Comment

That was cool... I used to hunt wood ducks long back, had a great time. Thanks for the memories.

Comment

Working...
                              X