No announcement yet.

2021 Workout accountability thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made it Monday for chest and biceps. It was an awesome workout. Upped the weight and 4X8 rep range.

I had an MRI done on my lower back on Monday as well. I've had a herniated L4/L5 for years and it was never bad enough to fix. Got the results yesterday and it ain't looking good. Arthritis in my back has caused S1/L5/L4/L3/L2/L1 to all be out of alignment with narrowing of the L4 nerve channel and the L1 nerve channel. The dr. said i have several herniated spots that look like popcorn kernels all along my lumbar spine. Effin' great.

I've had 5 surgeries in the last 10 years and I'm tired of being cut on. I want to keep surgery as a "I don't have any other choice" so she's referred my treatment to a pain management dr. here in town. I think we'll start with injections and see how that goes. I've done therapy before and that did nothing for me.

Anyone had the injections in your lower back? What are the long term repercussions of those shots? Do they ever stop working? Any side effects? How long do I have to wait to work out after the injections?

I got a ton of questions for him, but I'm hoping to get some real life experiences from this group.

Comment

Been out of the game since Wednesday (got covid). Hoping I can get a negative test tomorrow and can get back into the gym.

Comment

I missed last Thursday and Friday for Christmas celebrating with family and even though I was off yesterday I went in anyway. Felt good to be back. Hit chest and biceps with some 4X8 supersets with abs thrown in as well.

Made it again this morning for back and leg supersets and giant sets. I'm toast for today.

Bent over BB row/sled leg press/incline situp/weighted calf raise
        Bent over BB row inverse grip/front squat/ab roller
        Low row/back squat/cable rotation/seated calf raise
        Lat pull down neutral grip/leg extension

Chest and triceps are the pain of the day tomorrow.

Comment

Back in the saddle today for chest and triceps. I was pretty much toast after the first superset, but I pushed on and am glad I did. 4X8-10 supersets.

Incline bench press on smith every setting to flat/hammer curl bar skull crusher
          DB fly/tricep pushdown
          Incline DB fly/overhead rope extension
          Incline DB chest press/single arm rope extension

Legs and shoulders tomorrow. I'm gonna make sure that I can't walk or lift anything at the lease this weekend. Except my Crown and 7 Up.

Comment

Made it today for chest and tris

Pull day tomorrow

Comment

No gym today. Back at it on Monday.

Comment

Made it in for probably my last workout of the year.

Pull day

See y’all on the new thread!

Comment

New thread started today.

Comment

Working...
                  X