Pigeons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmac View Post
    I eat it all, I’ve even eaten coots and they tasted just like ducks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So....like ****?[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I eat it all, I’ve even eaten coots and they tasted just like ducks.
      I may or may not know a starving college student that once ate a Pekin duck from the San Marcos River.
      It was disgusting.

We shoot a few rock doves in Pflugerville, but we don’t eat them.

Comment

I didn’t think it was bad at all and would eat them again. Twice the size of dove didn’t taste really any difference. Hardest part is actually hunting them as they are smarter then doves. Have to shoot the scout bird otherwise hard to get rest of flock.

Not my experience. When I bought my place 40+ yrs ago there was a flock of 'em roosting in the garage. Tried everything I could think of to scare them away to no avail. The wife and I went out one evening with a 22 & 12 ga (only long guns I had). They would gather in a tree right outside the garage before going in to roost. She would pop one in the tree with the 22 and the flock (was about 100 of 'em) would fly out about a mile, come back and land in the same tree. We harvested about 20 that evening using that strategy and eventual got the whole herd eliminated. Tasted just like dove!
        Last edited by locolobo; 01-03-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

No high fence pigeons for me!

Comment

My neighbor has a coop or what ever they call it full of racing pigeons.
            I might pick one off and give it a whirl. Hope it's not his $2500 one he brags about!

Comment

pigeons is ok lot like dove. the one you must try is seagull!!! mmmmm

Comment

My late aunt called them flying rats, but I don't see them tasting any different if they are eating the same thing as a dove.

Comment

My Dad used to make pigeon soup, I thought it was awesome, have not had pigeon in a long time, would not be afraid to have some of that soup again, wish my old man was till here to make it.

Comment

I shot one while dove hunting one year. I cooked it up like the white wing I shot and that thing tasted just like a pigeon smells. I'm not sure what did wrong but I would be willing to try it again.

Comment

Pigeons

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                      I may or may not know a starving college student that once ate a Pekin duck from the San Marcos River.
                      It was disgusting.

We shoot a few rock doves in Pflugerville, but we don’t eat them.

Friend tried park duck, but all guts and no meat.

Comment

Country pigeons are delicious. You can’t tell the difference between them and done. They have more meat on them than a dove. City pigeons are feathered trash cans.

Comment

I’ve had them. Taste was no different than dove.

Comment

When I traveled to Egypt i noticed large cone shape mud structures. Was told they are pigeon roost. They are cultivated to eat because they will go forage for food on their own where chickens have go be fed.

Comment

I’ve eaten a few bridge chickens, I too thought they tasted just like dove.

Comment

In France they eat pigeons like we eat chicken, Europeans also consume rabbits like we eat chicken, actually rabbit domestic is very healthy and high in protein.

Comment

Working...
                                X