X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Do they make you **** like a goose? I tried some keto ice cream last year and it did a number on me. I shudder everytime I see it in the grocery store.

Bahahaha....no sir. At least not yet. [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Do they make you **** like a goose? I tried some keto ice cream last year and it did a number on me. I shudder everytime I see it in the grocery store.
        check which sugar alcohol is being used. all of them except erythritol also happen to have a strong laxative effect. just look up the reviews for the sugar free gummy bears hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
          just look up the reviews for the sugar free gummy bears hahaha.
          I read those a few years ago.....I was in tears.

Comment

Wow! My wife is trying plant-based and tonight she made buffalo cauliflower bites we could both eat.

Dusted the cauliflower heads with a mix of smoked paprika, onion and garlic powder then put in the air fryer a few minutes. When they started to brown she pulled them and tossed on Frank’s Red Hot then back in the air fryer until crisp.

It was awesome as a side for my steak[emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              For those of you fighting a sweet tooth...I highly recommend these. They are BOTH excellent! [emoji106]

These are the only ones my wife and I like. I rarely have a sweet tooth, but these do the trick. Hard to find at HEB though. We buy 3-4 boxes when we see them there and that lasts us a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife makes keto ice cream. Easy to control ingredients that way. It's really good. Xylitol as the sweetener keeps it from freezing rock hard. Erythritol gets super hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  My wife makes keto ice cream. Easy to control ingredients that way. It's really good. Xylitol as the sweetener keeps it from freezing rock hard. Erythritol gets super hard.
                  Would she care to share the recipe? I have an ice cream maker I have used exactly once.

Comment

Here's the recipe she uses:

INGREDIENTS
                    4 cups heavy cream
                    2 cup half & half
                    8 egg yolks
                    1 1/2 cup xylitol
                    pinch of salt (1/8 tsp with these measuring spoons)
                    2 Tbsp vanilla extract
                    2 vanilla bean, split and scraped for the inner vanilla OR 1 tsp vanilla bean powder OR vanilla bean paste

INSTRUCTIONS
                    In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Turn the burner on the lowest setting and using a whisk (I have a flat whisk that’s perfect for this), break up the eggs so that the mixture is well combined.
                    Set a timer for 10 minutes and cook the mixture on low, stirring about once every minute or two.
                    When the timer goes off, cool the mixture thoroughly by placing in the fridge for 20-40 minutes.
                    Stir the mixture and process in your ice cream maker per the manufacturer’s instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Here's the recipe she uses:

INGREDIENTS
                      4 cups heavy cream
                      2 cup half & half
                      8 egg yolks
                      1 1/2 cup xylitol
                      pinch of salt (1/8 tsp with these measuring spoons)
                      2 Tbsp vanilla extract
                      2 vanilla bean, split and scraped for the inner vanilla OR 1 tsp vanilla bean powder OR vanilla bean paste

INSTRUCTIONS
                      In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Turn the burner on the lowest setting and using a whisk (I have a flat whisk that’s perfect for this), break up the eggs so that the mixture is well combined.
                      Set a timer for 10 minutes and cook the mixture on low, stirring about once every minute or two.
                      When the timer goes off, cool the mixture thoroughly by placing in the fridge for 20-40 minutes.
                      Stir the mixture and process in your ice cream maker per the manufacturer’s instructions.
                      Thanks. I give it go!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                        For those of you fighting a sweet tooth...I highly recommend these. They are BOTH excellent! [emoji106]
                        Good call and thanks. Just got 4 boxes at HEB 30 minutes ago. Pretty darn tasty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                          I know keto strips are not all that effective and sometimes not that relevant, but during plateaus it can be mentally reassuring to see the dang thing still turning a color. Just a PSA, the Slimfast brand sucks. Had a bottle still 3 months from expiration and could not get a color at all for the last several weeks. I probably went way overboard down to almost zero carbs trying. Finally got some Keto-Mojo brand this week and see light pink to almost purple depending on what time of day I test.
                          Scale is still moving too, just not every day

Feeling like I need to nosh on some major green veggies this week. Wife made me a small serving of brocolli with my steak last night and it was like candy for me.
                          I've had good results with the Walgreens brand Keto strips as well.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                            I've had good results with the Walgreens brand Keto strips as well.

Walgreens is what we have, we both stay dead in the middle of the color chart

Comment

4 weeks, down 7 lbs. Like a lawn chair off the Titanic.

Comment

Very easy sweettootb fix.

8 oz cream cheese at room temperature

One whole stick butter at room temperature

One cup heavy cream

2 teaspoon vanilla

3 tablespoons Swerve sweetener

Blended with mixer till smooth.

Put in pan and top with blueberries and raspberries I also like toasted coconut and zest a little dark chocolate on top

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X