Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    So much planning and calculating makes me want a beer and I haven’t had a beer since last year
    It was really hard for me to get "tuned" in last year. Once I finally figured out meals that worked while doing IF, it was easy to stay on it. Keep on, Keeping on!

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
      Me and my wife have been on the Keto diet for 9 days now. This pizza and the crust were really good and good for you. This was my first attempt at a cauliflower pizza crust/ pepperoni pizza. I was surprised that it did not taste like cauliflower at all.

Did you calculate the macros for that? Curious what they might be.

Comment

My favorite snack/fat bomb are the Keto Cups. I like the dark chocalate with coconut inside. They have several other flavors including a coffee one.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post

I have been on it for several months. I did it a few years ago and lost 50lbs in no time. Got lazy and gained it all back after keeping it off for over a year. I am down 67lbs so far. Plan to loose another 10 or so lbs hopefully. One Pic is from back in the summer before I started and the other pic is right before Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Well done sir, you look like an entirely different person!

Comment

I'll typically switch to Keto during the off season after hunting camping and drinking mass quantities of beer pretty much Oct-Feb. I just can't go camping without beer and "working from home" the last two years keeps me camping 45+ days a season probably. It's about that time to start it up again and lean out a tad looking at Sept Elk season so figured I'd join in on this thread. The diets I do are temporary 4 to 6 month stretches and extremely strict and boring meat and healthy fats, already get too many carbs from things like almonds and avocados so there's no room to stretch with any of the fancy gimmicky keto recipes. My biggest problem last year was not being able to eat my venison summer sausage and watching everyone else I shared it with rave about it.

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            This is what I take to ensure my electrolytes stay where they should be. It was recommended to me by Shane here on TBH. I prefer the lemonade but there are several other flavors.

https://shop.jackedfactory.com/produ...15412818182187
            This stuff is great, bought three jugs after seeing someone here on TBH recommend it. Sure is nice to be able to have something other than straight water or black coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
              I was last year for a while. I'm not sure exactly how much it helped me but i have some co-workers who say they lost alot of weight just from taking ACV daily.

Thanks for bring this up. I think I'll start back on the ACV today..
              What I noticed most when doing the ACV daily is how much it supressed my appetite. For those that give this a try, if you grab the bottle/liquid form, couple things to make sure you do. Buy the bottle that says "with the Mother". I buy Braggs brand. You can add a packet of pure Monk fruit to it. It will cut the taste a bit but it is still not very pleasant. Start with 1 tbs with 8 oz of water for several days so your stomach can get used to it and then transition to 2 tbs. Make sure you rinse your mouth out or brush your teeth immediately afterwards. The ACV will definitely etch your enamel if you dont.

Comment

What I noticed most when doing the ACV daily is how much it supressed my appetite. For those that give this a try, if you grab the bottle/liquid form, couple things to make sure you do. Buy the bottle that says "with the Mother". I buy Braggs brand. You can add a packet of pure Monk fruit to it. It will cut the taste a bit but it is still not very pleasant. Start with 1 tbs with 8 oz of water for several days so your stomach can get used to it and then transition to 2 tbs. Make sure you rinse your mouth out or brush your teeth immediately afterwards. The ACV will definitely etch your enamel if you dont.
                How about just capsules? I have tried and absolutely can't drink ACV. Puke every time.

Comment

What is ACV?

EDIT: never mind...Apple Cider Vinegar

Comment

Me too. it looks delicious but also i'm guessing protein heavy

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
                      Me too. it looks delicious but also i'm guessing protein heavy

No I did not.

Comment

So I lost 60+ lbs back in 2018 on Keto. Since then, I've managed to gain it all back. I've tried to get back on Keto for a while now, but I cant stomach the pain of the keto flu again. This time, I am easing my way back into it, to avoid the 2 weeks of suck.

Good news! I got the Keto Bad breath today! lol.

Rocking:

75% Fat - 20% Protein - 5% Carbs for a total of 1700 calories a day with moderate exercise (running 1-2 miles a day).

Comment

do you guys worry about salt? like in lunch meat? i love smoked ham and eat it a lot by itself but the sodium...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            do you guys worry about salt? like in lunch meat? i love smoked ham and eat it a lot by itself but the sodium...
                            I mean... I worry about not having enough of it...

Salt is good for Keto starters.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                              How about just capsules? I have tried and absolutely can't drink ACV. Puke every time.
                              Not sure but I would guess taking capsules are better than nothing. My wife tried it a few times and said to hell with that, lol.

Comment

Not sure but I would guess taking capsules are better than nothing. My wife tried it a few times and said to hell with that, lol.
                                My wife was taking the gummies till she seen where each gummy had 4 carbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X