Storage bins for hunting and camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using the plano's for years.
    Their tie down hooks are confusing as to what they were intended for.
    I usually stack two in the bed of the truck and strap them together.

They are water resistant, but not water tight.
    Water will get inside like a cheap igloo cooler.

I'd rather have just one water tight a smidge bigger.
    I'll be looking at the ones on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
      I use the black with yellow lids. This with the scent lock bags keeps my hunting clothes fresh and easy to travel with. They stack well also!
      I use the same thing. Sturdy enough lid snaps closed I throe a bungee cord over the lid just in case but I doubt the lid would blow off if I snapped it down right.

Comment

I have three of these I’ve used for over ten years. I haven purchased more over the years For the kids stuff and general storage. They have their own boxes with their name so on it. We get ready to load up they grab their own boxes and we go

They are lockable and stackable. Not cheap anymore. Used to buy these for $30 now they over $50. Same box as the ScentLock storage box but without the filter. I mean the exact box!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Silvey View Post
          Do those keep the rain out pretty good?
          I keep one in my boat under the leaning post with tons of tackle and safety gear in it. It's been in my boat for 5 years now thru all kinds of weather and rough water. It's never had a drop of water in it. I'm not saying you can't find a way to get water in them but so far mine has been great. The one I have is the same style but I think one size smaller with no rollers.

I think this one posted in this thread may be the size I have. https://www.samsclub.com/p/plano-2pk..._psugg_q=plano
          Last edited by Capt Glenn; 01-04-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I have several plano boxes that I use! So much easier than having to pack every time. Only thing I take from the house are some socks and underwear and a phone charger. The rest is on my totes!

Comment

I've had 2 of these for probably 15-17 years. I've used them for everything from hunting gear, cooking gear, tools, food, and keeping luggage dry in the back of the truck. They will occaisionally get a little moisture in if you drive in a downpour long enough, never enough to worry about.

I'm about due for some new ones, and I think I'll go with Husky.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                I have one of these and a Husky version as well and they hold a ton of gear and been through some good downpours in camp.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37...9261/203668066
                I use the Husky for my hunting clothes as it has a rubber gasket to seal the lid when closed.

Comment

The Husky roller says Made In USA, works for me.
                  (in customer Q & A's)

Now I just need to get by a Home DePot to snag one up.

Comment

Shop CRAFTSMAN X-large 50-Gallons (200-Quart) Black Heavy Duty Rolling Tote with Latching Lid in the Plastic Storage Containers department at Lowe's.com. The Craftsman 50G heavy duty plastic rolling storage tote with latching lid allows for easy and convenient organization for larger and more bulky items. The

I use the above they have wheels and stack great.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                      I have a couple of the Plano boxes mentioned above. I bought them after that trip we made out west (remember my sleeping bag getting wet?). Where you getting the Rubbermaid ones?
                      I do remember that bro. I got mine at Academy. They are green with a tan top.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        These are water tight, stackable and pretty durable

Do a little searching and you can probably find them a lot cheaper
                        This is what I have and I really like mine.

Comment

This is what I use. Haven't had any issues and they have a keyed lock.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                            https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...SABEgLROPD_BwE

This is what I use. Haven't had any issues and they have a keyed lock.
                            These are the ones I use and they are watertight.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                              I like the Rubbermaid action packers.
                              Ditto! Not sure if they're still being made. They've been solid for me over many years.

Comment

The guy that does all of our cooking for us on our annual hill country hunt uses I believe Ziploc brand clear totes. They have six latches, two each on the long sides and one each on the short sides, and a gasket on the lid to help seal them from bugs and limit air flow. I had my wife order some for us to store summer clothes until the spring. They are clear so you can see what is in them without opening them up.

Comment

Working...
                                X