• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

Comment

I'm jealous. Nice job. What rifle?

Comment

Big Congratulations!!! DIY public land big country solo spot and stock Muley. You sir are legit.

Comment

Incredible. Congrats!

Comment

Way to go hand! Great hunt and story! Congratulations

Comment

Very nice. Congrats

Comment

Outstanding solo hunt and story, James. Thanks for taking us along! I cannot imagine dragging that big boy that far and hope you had a drag harness. Next question: How did you get him in your truck by yourself?

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                  On TPWD hunts they prefer you get a field dressed weight. We have the option to quarter them if we absolutely must and pack out. I usually Would have but at the moment I had crazy adrenaline going and thought I got this. I also Wanted to be able to hang him upside down to do a good job on caping out.

I gotcha.

Congrats again man. That’s an awesome experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pafdrn View Post
                    I'm jealous. Nice job. What rifle?
                    My ol trusty Remington 700, 270 caliber that my Dad gave me when I was a young man

Comment

My West TX Public Muley

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Outstanding solo hunt and story, James. Thanks for taking us along! I cannot imagine dragging that big boy that far and hope you had a drag harness. Next question: How did you get him in your truck by yourself?

Congratulations!!!

Appreciate it Burnadell. Just a Weak mind and strong back! In all seriousness, I made some big life changes two years ago and train for these trips all year. 4 Big game Western Public Animals down in 3 years.

Here is My Colorado Muley this year I actually shot further with a bow then this rifle hunt that I had to carry out. Funny how things work out.

Last edited by James; 01-02-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Awesome deer and write up. The giant hole in the metal covering at your camp came from a rock me and a buddy had tied to our canvas tent. We had the tent staked down in a number of spots but one of the guy lines we tied to a big rock. Well a big wind came mid day our first full day there a ripped the tent to shreds and flung that rock 50 yards and through the top of the covering. 60+ mph winds. I shot a coyote but hardly remember anything other than picking up a shredded camp. We went to headquarters and asked how we could help fix it or pay and they wouldn’t take our money.

Comment

Originally posted by DoveBlaster View Post
                          Awesome deer and write up. The giant hole in the metal covering at your camp came from a rock me and a buddy had tied to our canvas tent. We had the tent staked down in a number of spots but one of the guy lines we tied to a big rock. Well a big wind came mid day our first full day there a ripped the tent to shreds and flung that rock 50 yards and through the top of the covering. 60+ mph winds. I shot a coyote but hardly remember anything other than picking up a shredded camp. We went to headquarters and asked how we could help fix it or pay and they wouldn’t take our money.
                          Well that mystery is solved, I was wondering

Comment

Heck of a hunt. Congratulations, sir.

Comment

Thats what I'm talking about. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

You did things!!!!!

Cool stuff. Good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X