Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just like last year - anyone else trying to save their season the last weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like last year - anyone else trying to save their season the last weekend?

Carbon copy of last season. Bow hunted since October 1st and never had a shot at anything but scrubby young bucks. Now that the two minute warning has sounded on the season I left the stickbow at home and I’m sitting in a rifle blind

Not this year. Shoulder surgery kept me at home!

Comment

I eat more tag soup than not, but got a fallow just before the bow opener. Took the pressure off of trying to get a whitetail.
      Good luck.

Comment

I've got some season left but we're approaching just shoot a doe territory.

That may happen tomorrow. I've spent 2 full weeks hunting in December and a good mature buck just eludes me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
        Last edited by SmTx; 01-01-2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I killed everything early in season this year, nothing spectacular but all bow kills just the same. I quit being too picky this year and took out a goofy legal spike and a legal 6, my target buck quit showing up. Then last week he pops up out of no where missing half of his rack.

Comment

2 more weeks....muzzleloader

Comment

I just spent 4 days in east Tx and didnt see a legal buck and hoping to save the season this weekend at the lease. Always waiting until the last dang minute......i should be hit in the head with brick

Comment

I started using rifle during rifle season. Same thing... Tons of small bucks. I did sir a few times with my compound bow... No luck. I had a shot opportunity for about a literal half a second at 7 yards, but decided to not draw due to proximity. Figured he was going to my feeder. NOPE! Took the long way around and went to another one no one was at. They don't get big being dumb.

My cousin then shot him with a rifle a few weeks later 5 minutes into a hunt [emoji16]

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Carbon copy of last season. Bow hunted since October 1st and never had a shot at anything but scrubby young bucks. Now that the two minute warning has sounded on the season I left the stickbow at home and I’m sitting in a rifle blind
                  You go ahead and use what you have to.

I don't care if it's a bow, a rifle, or a spit wad, the rule in my house is you don't come home until you can put dinner on the table!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

I don't care if it's a bow, a rifle, or a spit wad, the rule in my house is you don't come home until you can put dinner on the table!
                    Boy does that sound familiar! My wife said basically the same thing when she made a point to notice the absence of venison on our New Year’s Eve dinner plates!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

I would be stopping at the Dollar General after ever hunt and bring home a can of Spam

Comment

I just heard 6 rapid shots just north of me.
                        We've come to the understanding that we need to kill wa
                        Hat we want early. The rifle hunters around us shoot at everything every weekend. We've heard twenty shots on a Saturday this year. Yes they shoot several pigs but they miss a lot as well and all the banging on rifles has many of the deer nocturnal.
                        That said I've taken two doe, one with the recurve and one with the compound. Sitting with the longbow now hoping . . .Click image for larger version

Name:	20210101_163602.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	24639990

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          Exact same. Kids shot a couple of does over TG. Here I sit with my 30-06.

Comment

I have my bow.....and this in case they show up late. I got old man eyes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

can you bowhunt thru muzzleloader season..i forget?!

Comment

Working...
                              X