Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just like last year - anyone else trying to save their season the last weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, haven’t hunted much this year so it’s getting down to crunch time. Pulling out all the stops this week.

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
      can you bowhunt thru muzzleloader season..i forget?!
      Nope.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm still waiting for an opportunity to go. Life ain't always fair.

I did get to duck hunt a few mornings this year. That is better than the "no hunting at all" I did last year.

Comment

Just when you release your arrow say bang really loud and blow smoke you'll be fine.

Comment

I’m about to come outta corona quarantine and give it one more try.
            My best buck was caught on camera while I was off taking family pictures.

Comment

lol brokeno!!!

Comment

I'm in the same boat, first time since 2003 this deep into the season with tag soup, didn't have a deer in bow range until dec 19, oct/nov it was like they didn't exist, killed plenty of hogs though, wasn't targeting them but they seem to ruin by deer spots.
                Originally posted by 4dog View Post
                can you bowhunt thru muzzleloader season..i forget?!
                no
                Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                2 more weeks....muzzleloader
                This, thats how I got it done in '15 & '16
                Last edited by bossbowman; 01-01-2021, 09:08 PM.

Comment

My FIL got a good one last night. You never know...

Comment

I sat last night in my bow stand, must've heard 20 shots or more. People were filling their tags it sounded like, or at least trying to. Not saying I wouldn't kill a big one, cause I surely would, but I've killed enough good bucks that I'd prefer to see my son get an opportunity now, so I passed a couple of really nice ones early. Haven't seen either since Thanksgiving. Neighbors may be celebrating their success. I usually take a doe or two in the late doe/spike season with whatever it takes to get one. Good luck to all.

Comment

Work & family gatherings has had me outta the woods lately.

I did get a nice red deer hind to put in the freezer so there’s no shortage of meat there.

I’m going to sit tomorrow with the .270 & see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Down to doe and spikes season in Kerr county. Got a doe yesterday. Going back next week to fill another tag. Got home around noon today and was cleaning the tallow off a knife blade and promptly cut my finger had to wake my nurse wife up to bandage it.

Comment

Going home tomorrow to get back into the swing of work.

Something is dying tonight.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just like last year - anyone else trying to save their season the last weekend?

Neck shot with a 25-06 this morning.

Wasn’t my target buck but he was pretty consistent at another stand. The 3 broken points told me he may have been a scrappy dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had some tag soup for dinner tonight. Hoping my son can fill the freezer in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X