No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna make a run this weekend. I typically fish anywhere from JFK to Baffin. Will spend most of my time around and in Baffin. Historically, I have some really good productive spots late winter early spring in Baffin with the tides and wind that will be in place. I was encourage 2 weeks after freeze. We had some really good outings. Limits on reds and trout (released all). But, the tides still had the fish bunched up. Will be interesting to see bait activity and fish activity now that tides have risen as a whole. Ill send a report next week when I get back.

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Thank goodness.....another level of skinny would have gotten us to Olive Oyl.

God honest truth, she got the nod today not because of BOB, I genuinely thought she had a really pretty smile and tan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        God honest truth, she got the nod today not because of BOB, I genuinely thought she had a really pretty smile and tan.

She does for sure. I can appreciate all of her.

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
          Gonna make a run this weekend. I typically fish anywhere from JFK to Baffin. Will spend most of my time around and in Baffin. Historically, I have some really good productive spots late winter early spring in Baffin with the tides and wind that will be in place. I was encourage 2 weeks after freeze. We had some really good outings. Limits on reds and trout (released all). But, the tides still had the fish bunched up. Will be interesting to see bait activity and fish activity now that tides have risen as a whole. Ill send a report next week when I get back.
          Keep us posted. Interested to see what you find down there!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have decided I am going to take Easter weekend off so we can celebrate the death, burial and resurrection of our savior Jesus Christ.

Comment

Amen, looking forward to Monday.

Comment

Well played Justin!

Comment

lol good call Mayhem, I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    I have decided I am going to take Easter weekend off so we can celebrate the death, burial and resurrection of our savior Jesus Christ.

Nicely done!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Keep us posted. Interested to see what you find down there!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Went out this morning. Little windy. Water ok. Bumped around Baffin and Alazon. We wade. All artificial. Interested in trout bite more than anything. Kinda slow bite pretty much everywhere. Kleberg point, tide gauge, point of rocks, and meadows (which isn’t on Baffin). Released all. All in all with three of us fishing we had 5 trout in the slot. Nothing over. 25-30 undersized with half of those between 15-17. Few rat reds here and there. The encouraging part was seeing the bait. We saw plenty. I’ll post again after we fish tomorrow. Fished paddle tails on 1/8 oz jig. Probably fish outside of Baffin tomorrow. Check out Yarborough and some spots north to bird island.

Comment

Wind knots are going to kill me. 20lb wind tamer and 30lb PP. must have had six today alone. Didn’t matter what we were throwing.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                          Wind knots are going to kill me. 20lb wind tamer and 30lb PP. must have had six today alone. Didn’t matter what we were throwing.
                          It's usually user induced and usually fairly simple to fix.

First thing, how are you closing your bail? By turning the handle or by flipping it closed manually?

Comment

Caught a couple down south

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              Caught a couple down south

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                              Very nice!

Just how far South?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                                It's usually user induced and usually fairly simple to fix.

First thing, how are you closing your bail? By turning the handle or by flipping it closed manually?

This. My wife and kids end up with wind knots and most of the time it’s cause they want to use the handle to flip the bail, instead of doing it manually.

Comment

Working...
                                X