2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Totally understand the burn out and tired of the education BS. Our Buddy Marty feels the same way.
    He and I texted back and forth about that very topic just yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
      No, I am not retiring yet. It'll be a few more years before I can draw on my teacher retirement. I've been in education for 20 years, 10 were in administration. It changes so much every year and I am just tired of it. Tired of all the stupid BS we are forced to deal with.

It's just time to jump out there and try it. My business has grown and grown and I've gotten so busy that I can't continue to do both. And the timing is good as far as my family goes. My kids are about grown. My daughter graduates from college next month and my son only has 2 more years at home. There just isn't much reason left to not give it a go. I am just burned out and tired of all the BS in education. I always said when it quit being fun I'd do something different. Well, here we go.
      Good luck Glenn, no doubt you’ll be a success. I’ve gotten out of public school education a few times myself lol! I will be able to draw trs at 57, I’d encourage you to make an appointment and go talk to a trs advisor in Austin, I thought I knew how it all worked but learned a lot when my wife and went up there a few years ago.

Comment

No, I am not retiring yet. It'll be a few more years before I can draw on my teacher retirement. I've been in education for 20 years, 10 were in administration. It changes so much every year and I am just tired of it. Tired of all the stupid BS we are forced to deal with.

It's just time to jump out there and try it. My business has grown and grown and I've gotten so busy that I can't continue to do both. And the timing is good as far as my family goes. My kids are about grown. My daughter graduates from college next month and my son only has 2 more years at home. There just isn't much reason left to not give it a go. I am just burned out and tired of all the BS in education. I always said when it quit being fun I'd do something different. Well, here we go.
        Heck yeah. Now I’ll be able to book week day trips. When I saw the new boat I knew something was going on. Now maybe we can get you back into doing some wading.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
          That would be awesome. I know calcasieu pretty well. The problem is it's a different animal to fish than it used too. That's where I'm from.

That would be awesome. I'm always down for that. But I'll buy gas and drinks. I usually end up in surf or trying to wade. Don't feel as comfortable hauling my old boat that far anymore. Especially solo. It's had a long life.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
          Agree, very different place than it used to be, but still good fishing to be had.

Do you know if Spicer’s cabins are open for rental? Not sure what happened after all the storms this past year.

I get home at the very end of April, maybe we could put together a trip in May. Weekday or weekend.
          Last edited by JES; 03-31-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            Agree, very different place than it used to be, but still good fishing to be had.

Do you know if Spicer’s cabins are open for rental? Not sure what happened after all the storms this past year.

I get home at the very end of April, maybe we could put together a trip in May. Weekday or weekend.
            I could find out. I haven't seen anybody say whether they are up and running.

I know a lot of the houses are just getting done.

I can find a free place to stay. I'm from there. Used to be real easy when we had my grandmas house still. But still have lots of friends and family in Sulphur and Cameron.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Rat red Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Rat red Thursday.

Nice

Comment

Bob approves.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

It's O fish el.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Bob approves.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        Thank goodness.....another level of skinny would have gotten us to Olive Oyl.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Thank goodness.....another level of skinny would have gotten us to Olive Oyl.
                          Somebody needs to fry that redfish and make that poor girl a sandwich out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Cool! I believe I have 2-3 prototypes of the Top Dog in my collection before they went full production.
                            Got to playing with my lures last night and remembered this thread and wanted to see what I actually had been given. Looks like post development color samples...not pre-production proto's as I originally thought. Still cool non the less and these remind me a certain era in my life.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Somebody needs to fry that redfish and make that poor girl a sandwich out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                Got to playing with my lures last night and remembered this thread and wanted to see what I actually had been given. Looks like post development color samples...not pre-production proto's as I originally thought. Still cool non the less and these remind me a certain era in my life.
                                Pretty cool. They don't have the indentions for the eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X