2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
    I have a buddy who guided out of one for a long time. I swear his was 24-25' long and he had a 250 Suzuki on it. From what I could see it wasn't a bad boat. He ended up getting a soft spot in the deck and got rid of it for a Tran XLR8. If you'd like to talk to someone who owned one I can give you his number.
    Buddy used one for guided fishing and duck hunting trips for years and that thing was a beast. He still has it and think it's on its 3rd motor. Hasn't done a thing to the hull besides some new gel coat. Little rougher riding than most cats but will run scary shallow.

Comment

Is there a separate thread more dedicated to fishing like normal? Or is this what we have come too now?

Miss reading the reports while I'm stuck in centex working my butt off and being a dad!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^lmao

Originally posted by Flex View Post
          Is there a separate thread more dedicated to fishing like normal? Or is this what we have come too now?

Miss reading the reports while I'm stuck in centex working my butt off and being a dad!

Hey I posted a report well sort of not really a report but kind of.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
            Great boats imo. Not the fanciest or nicest but they run great super shallow running boats and think back they there were all composite with no wood. What model is it?

I've ran the 23 and the 25 and bother were great boats.
            Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            The original ultra cat had very bad stringer issues. There is a lot of stuff on the internet about it. Ultra cat ended up going under because of it, from what I was told. They seemed to make ******* sizes like 19, 22 and 25 or something like that.

Majek boats then bought the mold some years later and corrected the stringer issues and change the sizes to 18,20 and 23. I have a 2019 20’Majek ultra cat and is a nice boat, but there are things I’m not super happy with and depending on what the economy does in the fall will probably sell it.

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
            I have a buddy who guided out of one for a long time. I swear his was 24-25' long and he had a 250 Suzuki on it. From what I could see it wasn't a bad boat. He ended up getting a soft spot in the deck and got rid of it for a Tran XLR8. If you'd like to talk to someone who owned one I can give you his number.
            Originally posted by rvd View Post
            It's a really rough ride compared to the newer design cats (haynie, tran, sw) and many of them did have stringer issues.
            Thanks for the reply’s gentlemen. Good info to think on and look for. I’ll definitely give the boat a good once and maybe run it some to really decide. I fish out of an 24’ El pescador classic right now but that boat is too much to handle when I’m alone. I’m really looking for something smaller 18’ or down to run by myself or with one other person.

Comment

All the fish are dead, so we reverted to the next best thing!

I’ll be adjusting my normal fishing locations this year and going East and getting back into Sabine and Calcasieu. Looking forward to relearning those areas, it’s been a while.

And BTW, you’re alway welcome to jump in the boat. I remember the life change you had last year. Just shoot me a note of any free days you have and we can try to make it work, I have an unusual work schedule. I’ll cover all the costs, even have another TBHer that fishes with me, he’ll pitch in his normal $10 or so...
              Last edited by JES; 03-30-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I heard too cool is where it's st

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                  All the fish are dead, so we reverted to the next best thing!

I’ll be adjusting my normal fishing locations this year and going East and getting back into Sabine and Calcasieu. Looking forward to relearning those areas, it’s been a while.

And BTW, you’re alway welcome to jump in the boat. I remember the life change you had last year. Just shoot me a note of any free days you have and we can try to make it work, I have an unusual work schedule. I’ll cover all the costs, even have another TBHer that fishes with me, he’ll pitch in his normal $10 or so...
                  That would be awesome. I know calcasieu pretty well. The problem is it's a different animal to fish than it used too. That's where I'm from.

That would be awesome. I'm always down for that. But I'll buy gas and drinks. I usually end up in surf or trying to wade. Don't feel as comfortable hauling my old boat that far anymore. Especially solo. It's had a long life.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    I heard too cool is where it's st

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                    I'll pass on that..

Comment

It’s not what this thread has come to, but it gives it a little more flavor. Transition into the spring season with the high winds and the fishing gets tough. Some of us are waiting on new boats and some of us are pillaging lake Conroe for catfish until we get a little closer to summer. From what I have gathered about the guys in this thread is we all can appreciate a healthy fishery and beautiful women. With that being said Wednesday feature will be along shortly.

Comment

POC report...limits of trout and reds have been caught and released.

Comment

Wildcard Wednesday

Comment

Mayhem
                            Keep them coming I love a little sunshine in between my fishing reports! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Wildcard Wednesday

I caught you a delicious cobia

Comment

I'll be the first to admit I'm here for the fish, and fish first. Reports good or bad I still enjoy them, along with our Salty groups fishing pics. Really enjoy the kid pictures... definitely my favorite.

That being said this year is a very different animal, with our current events and harshest freeze for over 30 years just behind us things are obviously slow around here.

Sure appreciate you keeping up the moral Justin, definiely a little Flavor Flav in a salt less world for me at the moment.

Got word yesterday my boat has been pushed back to June, so I'll be living through you guys for a hot minute ( unless I get a wild hair and buy an interem boat so to speak).

I'm sure once the winds lay a touch and Mr. Winter finally leaves us alone we'll get rolling again.

Tight lines gents!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X