X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
    Thanks ill look him up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Captain Glenn can take care of you too on here, he runs out of Matty and not Sargent I believe. He can chime in. They're not that far apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
      Your Pathfinder is ideal for that area. Stay out of the far east end east of brown cedar and out of the back lakes except on real big tide days and you'll be fine. There are quite a few reefs around the Chinquapin area and down the north shoreline to Boggy Cut that you need to be careful of. Most of the bay is pretty easy to run which is why we have like 30 million people fishing it. It's an easy bay to navigate. The fishing may be a little slow in EMB this year but there are still some fish in there. I went and made a couple drifts friday and did catch some fish. They didn't all die. Also a friend of a friend caught a 9 pound trout a couple days ago drifting EMB. So we lost some fish and it may be slower but it isn't totally devoid of life.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I ment to say Seadrift, not Sargent. Hit a rock in EMB once and never went back!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Hollis Forrester runs out of there.

Yall got any recommendations on a guide out of Sargent? Maybe even one that would run our boat to show us the area and maybe put us on a few fish? Im pretty familiar with the south shoreline around Pringle and to the east, but I ran it in a Haynie H2O and the boat we have now is a Pathfinder. Doesnt quite run as shallow so im a bit hesitant.

Captain Glenn can take care of you too on here, he runs out of Matty and not Sargent I believe. He can chime in. They're not that far apart.

Thank you sir. I ment Seadrift, not Sargent. Thats my bad.

Got any recommendations for a guide over there? I know thats further west then you tend to fish.

Comment

Thank you sir. I ment Seadrift, not Sargent. Thats my bad.

Got any recommendations for a guide over there? I know thats further west then you tend to fish.

No sir I don't. My apologies. A rock in EMatty... dang never heard of that? Ouch.... plenty of shell but never seen or heard of a rock.

Comment

Found a few yesterday on upper coast. I don't want to hear anything about catch and release, legal limit here, and I can assure you I'm not hurting the fish population. I release more fish a year than most people catch. Just fortunate to live near the coast and fish a lot.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

A little Matagorda report for y'all from the last couple of days.

The redfish have been pretty steady for us. Mainly fishing shorelines and shallow reefs with live shrimp under corks. We caught 10-15 keeper reds each day and probably twice that many undersized reds. A few smaller sized male flounder too and a few drum and sheepshead. There is quite a bit of bait on the shorelines.

Like I said in the prior post we did try a little drifting and we did catch and release a few in EMB. I'll keep sampling it to see what we find.

Pics from the last two days. Obviously I didn't take a pic of every fish we caught. We caught what would be more than full limits of reds both days plus lots of short fish. Lots of fish were released and a few went home for dinner.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I ment to say Seadrift, not Sargent. Hit a rock in EMB once and never went back!

Unfortunately I don't think I know many personally in Seadrift. Great area to fish. I'm sure others on here have some good contacts over there. I know Gary and Shellie Grey have been guiding over there a long time and maybe check with Jake Huddleston too.

Comment

No sir I don't. My apologies. A rock in EMatty... dang never heard of that? Ouch.... plenty of shell but never seen or heard of a rock.

We were drifting a cut just south of the intercoastal on the bay side. It was windy and next thing you know we’re on top of a big rock. Luckily no more damage than a bent prop.

Comment

We were drifting a cut just south of the intercoastal on the bay side. It was windy and next thing you know we’re on top of a big rock. Luckily no more damage than a bent prop.

A reef maybe? I haven't found any rocks in EMB.

Comment

Me either.

How much is left of those old barges?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Me either.

In west bay?

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                          Found a few yesterday on upper coast. I don't want to hear anything about catch and release, legal limit here, and I can assure you I'm not hurting the fish population. I release more fish a year than most people catch. Just fortunate to live near the coast and fish a lot.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
                          You do you brother. Nice box, I bet they fried up nicely!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Me either.

East. Just inside the cut

Comment

Me either.

I honestly dont know where I was at exactly. I just remember looking down seeing the rock thinking it was about to mess my boat up. Pretty positive we were in the north end of EMB but I could be wrong. All I know is that was our intended bay that day and I was basically just captaining my boat and being told where to go. He never got on my boat again and I never went back to that area. After that I always stuck to fishing POC as I knew how to run it in my boat.

Comment

Me either.

A piece scattered here and there.....back in the mid 80’s there were about 4 big hunks of barges about 3/4 mile east of the Tripod next to the canal on the north shore
                                Not much left anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X