No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be interesting to know how many live fish they estimated to be out there after these freezes. The number of dead comparisons don't really mean much if there were an order of magnitude more fish in the bays back then (me speculating).

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
      It would be interesting to know how many live fish they estimated to be out there after these freezes. The number of dead comparisons don't really mean much if there were an order of magnitude more fish in the bays back then (me speculating).
      Kind of what I was thinking too, more dead fish back then because there were more fish overall. Those statistics seem a little deceiving to me.

Comment

I’m willing yo bet we have a lot more redfish now than we did back then. Trout may be the only one to consider that may have a smaller population now. But limits were also 4x what they are now, but maybe 10x or 100x more people fishing? Could be comparable population of trout, I guess TPWD should have an estimate of total population then and now. Yep f not them then no one would I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
          We picked a great time to move to Corpus! Going to need to get some Crappie 101 tips from you!!
          You got it. Need some rain bad to fill up Coleto. About 12" in Yorktown would help.

Comment

Fished Port Mansfield monday & tuesday, Monday produced quite a few redfish from 16" to 25". No trout were caught.
            Tuesday we found the trout on our 2nd wade, 4 of us combined for about 50 fish from 2 undersize & the rest over 15" up to 22". All released. Left em biting.
            A few rat reds & one 23" red.
            It was definitely reassuring finding some trout in numbers like we did.
            Hopefully the Legends Tournament this weekend has changed some rules so they don't have to bring trout to the weigh in & end up killing a bunch more of them.
            Headed to POC next weekend & will see what the fishery looks like there.

Comment

Here is a post from TPWD this morning
              Attached Files

Comment

9% of total overall mortality doesn't really tell us squat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                  Fished Port Mansfield monday & tuesday, Monday produced quite a few redfish from 16" to 25". No trout were caught.
                  Tuesday we found the trout on our 2nd wade, 4 of us combined for about 50 fish from 2 undersize & the rest over 15" up to 22". All released. Left em biting.
                  A few rat reds & one 23" red.
                  It was definitely reassuring finding some trout in numbers like we did.
                  Hopefully the Legends Tournament this weekend has changed some rules so they don't have to bring trout to the weigh in & end up killing a bunch more of them.
                  Headed to POC next weekend & will see what the fishery looks like there.
                  Legends does a pretty good job of catch and release.

Comment

How many more posts are needed so that we don’t have to see that C&R meme that Mexico posted?!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                      How many more posts are needed so that we don’t have to see that C&R meme that Mexico posted?!
                      Post a pic of you with a big fish and the other will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        How big?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Are you using Tapatalk?

Comment

Originally posted by jes View Post
                            are you using tapatalk?
                            50-50.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                              How big?
                              Big as you got

Comment

Bring on the next page!

Comment