No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is exactly what I've been seeing too. I keep waiting for them to float up. It seems odd to me that they have washed up all over the place and in large numbers in other areas and in Matagorda they have not. So what does that mean? We are all still waiting to see if a big bunch are going to wash up or not.

I have been all over the place looking and I have not seen much. Most of the dead trout I have seen are in the ICW and even that isn't really what I consider a whole lot of them. There have been quite a few dead sand trout, croaker, baitfish, trash fish, etc. Not a ton of gamefish.

There have been no dead fish in the Colorado river above the ICW. I don't think there have been many dead fish in Caney either from what I have been told. I didn't see any dead fish in the Tres Palacios today. I rode around Palacios today and saw 1 dead trout. Not even any dead baitfish or trash fish.

What I have seen is some big schools of solid trout sunning in shallow water. Those dead trout in your pics Jet Black and JES, I saw dozens of them in the 25"+ range just cruising around warming up. I saw lots and lots of live trout today. Schools of several hundred fish each up shallow sunning and most all of them were solid keeper sized fish.

I am not ready to say we are good and we didn't lose a bunch of fish. I think the next few days will tell the tale if there is more to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Nice report. We should be heading down tomorrow to check and see if our pipes busted at camp and check on thinks. Pretty sure the 4 wheeler has straight water innthe radiator but the trucks should be good there. Any issues with fuel down there? I'll need gas for the boat and diesel to get back home.
      I have not had an issue finding gas. I think if they have power they will probably have gas.

Comment

Can't get my video to work.

Last edited by Capt Glenn; 02-20-2021, 01:42 AM.

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

I’m able to view it from my phone.

Caleb McCumber compiled reports from various guides from all along the Texas coast with early updates on their respective fisheries. It’s a long video, but worth a watch (or you can skip to specific areas.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Michael; 02-20-2021, 07:01 AM.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
            We burned up close in several places and never saw any live fish. We got a couple of pictures that showed the fish doing that same thing in Rockport I think.

Hoping the slow cool down prior to the hard freeze was enough to push the fish into deeper water, but like you, I don’t want to say we are in the clear just yet.

Comment

Great report guys. Fingers crossed as the warm up begins that we dodged a bullet. We'll know soon enough.

Sure like seeing all those live trout!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I may head back out Monday to see if these next two warmer days make a difference.

Comment

Please sweet 8 pound baby jesus

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope y’alls ocean perch survive! There’s enough people crappie fishing as it is!!

Comment

There are still no fish in Baffin, living or dead [emoji16]

Comment

I heard Mansfield fish got destroyed. Any truth to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                          Hope y’alls ocean perch survive! There’s enough people crappie fishing as it is!!
                          Shopping for a pontoon boat and a side scan humminbird now...

Comment

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet Livescoping some shallow rigs would be awesome! I've looked at it long enough to tell whats what for the most part. Them fancy shallow water ocean perch rigs with no TM or electronics blow my mind!

I'm not used to $80k rigs you jump out of to fish!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                I heard Mansfield fish got destroyed. Any truth to that?

Yes they got hit really hard. There’s a YouTube video with capt caleb mccumber that talks to guides on the entire coast. Mansfield was hit pretty darn hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X