Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JES View Post
    Just got this text forwarded to me from a friend that knows Mark:

From Mark Robinson in POC. Our back lake fish of POC have taken a major major hit. We have lost what looks to be every fish in the lakes. Hopefully the deep water fish pull through for us and keep the sport we all love going strong. Looking like catch and release will be pushed across the gulf coast even harder now than ever after this is all over by myself and fellow anglers and guides.
    I really hope this happens! It will make a massive impact on the rate of return for the fishery.

Comment

Originally posted by Punkin View Post
      I really hope this happens! It will make a massive impact on the rate of return for the fishery.
      While I agree, finding a customer who fishes maybe 2 or 3 times a year that will let fish go and pay 250 bucks a head to do so will be hard

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        While I agree, finding a customer who fishes maybe 2 or 3 times a year that will let fish go and pay 250 bucks a head to do so will be hard

Fly fishing guys don't batt an eye at it. There's plenty of customers who will pay good money to fish with guides and never keep a fish. A little education on the why can go a long way at the boat docks.

Comment

It's so strange that so many people have to get their moneys worth on fishing trips. I will rat you out to game warden for keeping to many or to small a fish. I almost lost a job a couple years back because my boss went fishing with me and wanted to take our fish back and get another limit that day. I have so many neighbors in Sargent that think it's ok because they don't get to fish much so it won't hurt. I hope I live to see the day that people lose that way of thinking. It's going to be tough fishing on the coast for a while, I've been through the other bad freezes too. We all have bigger problems to deal with other than fish right now, but I hope everyone does their part in the recovery process, that's not directed at any one here I mean in general. I'll see ya'll on the water soon.

Comment

I'll disagree with any regulations TP&W imposes. I've noticed through my 40 years of fishing this beautiful coast the state is notorious for taking away but never giving back.

I don't need the government to tell me this year keeping 2 or 3 fish a trip is enough. I'm a big enough boy to figure that out on my own.

Keep it up and we'll be Florida with fishing " seasons " and the only fresh salt fish you'll eat will be in restuarants.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

This to will pass

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope ALL the croakers froze.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                  Fly fishing guys don't batt an eye at it. There's plenty of customers who will pay good money to fish with guides and never keep a fish. A little education on the why can go a long way at the boat docks.
                  Been there done that in multiple states and a foreign country

It's not fisherman/sportsman and the like you have to worry about.

Its people who like to go fishing that want to get what they pay for

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    I hope not, I like to eat them.

Comment

Alot of of bait stands and guides make a big portion of their living of those expensive little barkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        I'll disagree with any regulations TP&W imposes. I've noticed through my 40 years of fishing this beautiful coast the state is notorious for taking away but never giving back.

I don't need the government to tell me this year keeping 2 or 3 fish a trip is enough. I'm a big enough boy to figure that out on my own.

Keep it up and we'll be Florida with fishing " seasons " and the only fresh salt fish you'll eat will be in restuarants.

YOU may be a big enough boy to figure it out, but I'm afraid the million other jack wagons are screwing the pooch on this one. There are a lot of people who will keep fish just to take a pic and post on Facebook or IG. Hopefully TPWD can eliminate that kind of nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                          YOU may be a big enough boy to figure it out, but I'm afraid the million other jack wagons are screwing the pooch on this one. There are a lot of people who will keep fish just to take a pic and post on Facebook or IG. Hopefully TPWD can eliminate that kind of nonsense.
                          Fish limits are strict enough. Government has enough reach as it is.

You're probably for gun control too since some " jack wagons " decided to misuse their rights.

Punish the innocent because of the guilty? Take away the rights of those with common sense? You'd do well in California.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                            Like the top waters that rurnt duck hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              Fish limits are strict enough. Government has enough reach as it is.

You're probably for gun control too since some " jack wagons " decided to misuse their rights.

Punish the innocent because of the guilty? Take away the rights of those with common sense? You'd do well in California.

I'm not sure where you do most of your fishing. Where I do most of my fishing I'd say the guilty are more prevalent than the innocent. Yes I'm a liberal clueless hippy because I don't see an issue with cutting back the limits to give the fisheries time to recover IF it is needed. I see your point with the government like to take things away and not give them back. I understand that, but assuming that this is actually temporary I don't mind it a bit. As I think about this though, I don't think this will have impact on the places I'd be fishing because we share water with the Cajuns... They'll probably increase their limits if we cut ours back! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                Wish granted

Comment

Working...
                                X