No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got some tips on walk in wade spots around port a we finally got a break from life but not enough to bring the boat.

Any trout in the surf yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      Anyone got some tips on walk in wade spots around port a we finally got a break from life but not enough to bring the boat.

Any trout in the surf yet?
      Lots of trout in the surf, but believe they're the Rainbow variety washed down from Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Lots of trout in the surf, but believe they're the Rainbow variety washed down from Colorado

Lol I believe that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
          I like Penn, they have held up the best for me. I use a mix of Battle IIs, Fierce IIs and Pursuit IIIs. Get the 2500 size and fill them up with 20-30# braid.

My next favorite reel is the Daiwa BG 2500. Another great reel.
          Why do you run or suggest braid? Thanks in advance

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post

Smaller diameter, no stretch and it’s sensitivity. I don’t know how anyone could fish with mono anymore, like fishing with a rubberband.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              Smaller diameter, no stretch and it’s sensitivity. I don’t know how anyone could fish with mono anymore, like fishing with a rubberband.

Plus no memory and doesn’t break down over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post

What those guys said [emoji3516], plus abrasion resistance.
                I am a huge fan of Suffix 832 specifically.

Comment

This. Few months ago I fished at the deer lease and had a rod with braid and 1 with mono. With braid I feel everything; mono I felt nothing. watched a bass come up and eat whatever I was throwing and never even felt it, just set the hook off sight

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Plus no memory and doesn’t break down over time.
                    Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                    What those guys said [emoji3516], plus abrasion resistance.
                    I am a huge fan of Suffix 832 specifically.

Yes, yes and yes! The feel is unbelievable!! Once you fish with braid it will blow your mind how dead mono feels in your hand..... Get a good flouro leader for a little stretch and you'll be blown away! Suffix 832 is definitely a good one!

Comment

I went through a braid phase and came back to mono. Big Game to be even more specific. I have less issue's with mono than braid. Figured i was trying to fix something that wasnt broke. That was just my own personal experience.

Comment

I exclusively use braid with about a 5-6’ mono leader tied with a uni to uni knot. Still get the feel of the braid, small stretch for the trout hook sets, and clearer line next to the lure for cleaner water.

Comment

30 lb Fins Windtamer here with 20 lb mono leader uni to uni same as slayr above.

Comment

Friday can’t get here fast enough. I don’t care if I catch a fish, I just need to smell some salt air.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Friday can’t get here fast enough. I don’t care if I catch a fish, I just need to smell some salt air.

Same, going out Saturday morning with Nathan Gray. First time wet wading this year and can't wait.

Comment

I'm gonna head out there again and fish my sand trout hole this upcoming weekend. SSE 10mph is plenty doable compared to the last 2 trips anchor battling in tornadic winds

Comment

Working...
                                X