Waiting in line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
    I don’t get why everyone is buying so much. Are we still having this “civil war”, or can we get back to work. Anyway I’m not a combat guy, pretty sure before I make it through 250 rounds in 6 different calibers I’ll be toast.
    This is kinda my thoughts.Guns and ammo bring me a little security and if it comes to it I think I could make a pretty good stand but there’s only so much you can do so I try and have a good relationship with my king and savior too.Definitely unique times when you can’t hardly find 30-30 and 243 rounds that’s for sure.

Comment

Haha

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      That brings up another question. When you shake your head do you ever wonder where that rattling sound is coming from?
      Lmao!

Comment

That brings up another question. When you shake your head do you ever wonder where that rattling sound is coming from?
        Dead brain cells from reading some of these brain dead theories floating around tbh no doubt about that

Comment

no ammo here to stand in line for.
          May look for camo jacket instead.

Comment

So let me get this hoarding business straight. If you have a savings account does that make you a hoarder of money? Or does that mean you are prepared for what might happen in the future? What’s the difference between “hoarding” ammo and “hoarding” money?
            Lol, can you show me the store where I can buy money to stock up. You accumulate wealth, you can't just go buy it...

So, how much TP do you have stocked up? You never really know what the future holds... better run to Costco and buy a couple thousand rolls. I hear the dems are going to ban double ply!

Comment

It’s been crazy. I can reload, but some things I would rather shoot factory. I hope folks who have hoarded are ready to fight

Comment

Waiting in line

Man our local Academy has it down to a science. I've got a nice truck shipment connection inside so it works and saves me some time. I drive up at 5:30 to 6, get handed a number. Go back home get some work done, show back up at 10 when they distribute it one number at a time for a 3 box limit of anything.. I've been doing well on 9mm and 22s recently. 380 is still hard to find. The day they had 380s in 50 round boxes I couldn't pass up the 300 rounds of 9mm and 800 round brick of 22s for what would have 150 .380s total. We're shooting or will be shooting a bunch of it so technically not hoarding. The bulk packs are where it really pays off if you are lucky. That being said 3 boxes of 50, as hard as it is to find, is worth the little bit of time I invest here to buy at normal prices . Just gotta get up a little earlier than normal.

Had a buddy with me who only wanted two of his 3 box limit so he grabbed me another brick of 22s

Last edited by Smart; 12-31-2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  Tried to find 30-30 and .243 ammo all over Houston yesterday and found zilch. I can understand people hording 9mm and .223, but not deer hunting ammo.

The Walmart on hwy 6- west oaks had lots of each of these for weeks. If you still need try there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
                    Lol, can you show me the store where I can buy money to stock up. You accumulate wealth, you can't just go buy it...

So, how much TP do you have stocked up? You never really know what the future holds... better run to Costco and buy a couple thousand rolls. I hear the dems are going to ban double ply!

The store you are looking for is called the stock market. When people hoard their shares, the supply becomes constrained. When the demand outweighs the supply the price increases.

Comment

He has no idea where its coming from! He just knows he is making noise, like almost every post he makes

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        He has no idea where its coming from! He just knows he is making noise, like almost every post he makes
                        For some reason I knew who y’all were talking about but I went back to look anyway.

Comment

Only 'hording' I've done is ordering 500 rounds of 25.06. I've decided I'm never running out for the rest of my life. We shoot about 10 rounds/year.

They're on back order. Should be here this summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

You accumulate wealth, you can't just go buy it...
                            Kinda like accumulating ammo when it's available. Cause now you can't just go out and buy it.

Comment

So let me get this hoarding business straight. If you have a savings account does that make you a hoarder of money? Or does that mean you are prepared for what might happen in the future? What’s the difference between “hoarding” ammo and “hoarding” money?

Totally agree. It is not like the price is gonna go down either. Should appreciate in value, so it should be treated as an asset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This whole "ammo shortage" is so f-in stupid. There isn't an ammo shortage, there is a hording problem.

This is the same issue we had with toilet paper a couple months ago....
                                Agreed. The guys doing it are goofballs. Stocking up makes sense. People with basements full that sit in line day after day are strange cats.
                                Last edited by TxAg; 12-31-2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X