Penny stocks anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
    do what's right for you. depending on when you bought in it could be a decent time to bail. Or you jump at $1.50 and I'll buy you a beer when it runs to $3, or $5

ZOM and ATOS are about to pay for me to jump on the APR build this year

you guys make this look easy

Comment

Originally posted by bignick612 View Post
      Anyone in on srmx?
      not yet, but I put it on the radar. I want some of that ZOM but it keeps moving the wrong way for me, May just bite the bullet and buy tomorrow.
      Last edited by Bassdeer; 02-04-2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
        It doesn't let you use unsettled funds or uncleared deposits. It has to be "your" money. They will let you "borrow" their money to trade non OTC and pink sheet stocks. It may say you have $1000 buying power but that may include $500 of uncleared deposits, $350 unsettles trades and that only leaves you with $150 of actual buying power, so if you're trying to buy $200 it wont let you.
        gotcha, thats what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post

you guys make this look easy
          if it makes you feel better everything I made of SNDL yesterday basically covered my losses from last week of not selling a couple penny stocks in time. I kept holding for them to go up "a little bit more" then they turned into a dumpster fire and I lost on 3 of em

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
            if it makes you feel better everything I made of SNDL yesterday basically covered my losses from last week of not selling a couple penny stocks in time. I kept holding for them to go up "a little bit more" then they turned into a dumpster fire and I lost on 3 of em
            Yea I just stated doing this about a year ago and the hardest thing to learn is Don't Get Greedy, One penny stock I had jumped up $400 just after I brought it , I'm like cool, started checking other stocks and when I got back about 3 or 4 minutes later it was down $800.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
              Yea I just stated doing this about a year ago and the hardest thing to learn is Don't Get Greedy, One penny stock I had jumped up $400 just after I brought it , I'm like cool, started checking other stocks and when I got back about 3 or 4 minutes later it was down $800.
              Yup, never feel bad for taking a profit. I tell my two sons this all the time. Consistent winning adds up big time at the end of the year. Ive been invested anywhere from $15-25k since the beginning of the year so say avg of $20k. Im up over $5K so far. No real big winners but a number of $300-500 wins. Mix in some stinkers and it is still good. Some guys here have absolutely killed it so far this year. I probably tend to cash out too early. I started playing to try and pay for a Newfoundland moose hunt later this year which Im estimating will be between 10-12K all in. Almost halfway there!

I wish I had the nads to play bigger but I dont. I also dont want to turn this into an all day job of watching these things. Fun to play with on certain days though.

Comment

Stocks ???

Might be better off going to a betting place right now betting on red or black or even or odd 50 / 50 shot of wining or going home going home reading or weep and staying up 24 hrs. sweating if I did the right thing ?????

Comment

Last edited by EmergencyDoc; 02-04-2021, 05:36 PM. Reason: ..

Comment

Comment

These cheaper stocks can have big ups and downs in a day. If trying to use a trailing stop loss what is a good percentage to start with? Like ZOM for example....

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                        Might be better off going to a betting place right now betting on red or black or even or odd 50 / 50 shot of wining or going home going home reading or weep and staying up 24 hrs. sweating if I did the right thing ?????

Who’s doing that? I think most have said this is play money/gambling money. I like my odds a lot better here than at the roulette table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
                          These cheaper stocks can have big ups and downs in a day. If trying to use a trailing stop loss what is a good percentage to start with? Like ZOM for example....

I typically set up one if possible for 10% if I can’t watch it. Ive noticed that E*TRADE won’t always let me do that on some of these penny stocks.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            I typically set up one if possible for 10% if I can’t watch it. Ive noticed that E*TRADE won’t always let me do that on some of these penny stocks.

Thanks, I have not tried it on the penny stocks yet. I was thinking 10-20% but didn’t know if that was a good starting point. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Something big coming down with HWKE. Someone bought 11k shares late today. All day long Ameritrade wasn't showing any updates for it.

Filings are due to be current by 2/14 with new CFO.
                              Even at 0.26 currently, that's a steal. It'll be back up to 0.50 with hopes of $1.50 by March.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Who’s doing that? I think most have said this is play money/gambling money. I like my odds a lot better here than at the roulette table.

No doubt. I'd rather put $250 on the latest pump and dump than Tampa Bay +3.5. If I do my research I know I can beat the house more times than not trading pennies. That said, I certainly hope there isn't anyone betting their future on pink sheets.

I used to trade pennies but stopped several years ago when work travel made it difficult to stay on top of them throughout the day. When covid stopped my travel I dropped all of $450 into my empty old Etrade acct. My balance pushed $30K today before settling around $28K and I haven't made a second deposit. I'll take it for play money.

Comment

Working...
                                X