Penny stocks anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cullstuff View Post
    You can have multiple retirement accounts. IRAs can be funded a couple different ways as well. The tax deferral (or tax free growth with ROTH) is quite attractive when it comes to trading
    6k can go into an IRA in a year. I can have 20 IRA's, but can only contribute, in my case, $6k a year total across all 20.

Not knocking the posters friend, but GME at last summer seemed like an incredibly risky investment looking at it from my situation. Again, some folks are willing to take big risks with their retirement, and I am happy to hear it paid off!

Comment

AAU up 42% premarket. Wish I owned more. It seems my smaller plays have made the bigger jumps lately and my bigger plays have taken the bigger dumps, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        AAU up 42% premarket. Wish I owned more. It seems my smaller plays have made the bigger jumps lately and my bigger plays have taken the bigger dumps, lol.
        And AAU finally breaks $1 Guess it was the last one on my list from a few weeks ago to break $1 To bad I gave up and sold LOL

BTW - It's because the riskiest investments or trades are the ones moving the most based on all sort of crap. The ones you put real money in are safe plays.. Not highly shorted, not small gold/silver miners etc. I've tried hard to switch and put more into junk but I can't sleep at night It payed off on BRQS Friday though.

Comment

PHUN running as well.

Comment

What about IHSI? Did I already hold it too long?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              I understand 6k into an IRA yearly. My question is more because the wording of the post I quoted was confusing. It reads like the guy made his $, then dumped it all into his IRA.

OR, the guy took one hell of a gamble by buying a ton of GameStop last summer with IRA money (in my world, my IRA is part of retirement savings, so I would never gamble with it). GameStop is the blockbuster of game rentals, I would never expected to make money off of it. Bold move on his part that paid off!
              That is exactly what he did. He is 36/37 years old. I am sure he has had an IRA for 10-15 years. He took $10K from his IRA and put it on GameStop. I don't know exactly when he did this. It could of been after that guy on Reddit came out with that video about it. I just know his brother recommended him buy some so he did. I guess he didn't feel like it was that big of a gamble at $3.75/share (because that was as low as it had ever been). If someone were to tell me that it was a good buy last summer, I would of agreed since quaruntine and a ton of people sitting around and playing video games. Maybe that was his thought too....Either way, he won!

Comment

HWKE just tanked to 0.22

Filings are due to be up to date by 2/14 with new CFO on board. Also, finishing up acquisition of IKON. This will be a good long term. I made good money last year purchasing at 0.19 and 0.26 with selling price of 0.76.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan C View Post
                  I was wondering the same.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble with etrade this morning? Etrade has given me fits every morning this past week. Im done with them. I opened a TD account a few weeks ago. I think I'll move everything over there.

Been trying to call them and the line can not be connected. Live chat is nearly 2 hrs for a representative. So frustrating.
                    Last edited by rtp; 02-01-2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble with etrade this morning? Etrade has given me fits every morning this past week. Im done with them. I opened a TD account a few weeks ago. I think I'll move everything over there.
                      Supposedly took on a lot of traffic coming over from Robinhood

Comment

Same here. Will you transfer or keep open and focus trades on TD going forward?

Comment

Ihsi

Originally posted by Ryan C View Post
                          Its on the move for now!

Comment

webull has been fine all morning, I can't stop myself from buying the dips on NAKD. Probably going to lose it all but at 1.34 couldn't help myself

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
                              Same here. Will you transfer or keep open and focus trades on TD going forward?
                              Probably move it all. I cant stand incompetence. This is like what went on with crypto currencies 3 years ago when I was trading them. They were fledgling exchanges so it was understandable to me. For this to be happening to Etrade is inexusable. Try to execute an order and they shutdown. It is hard enough to make money at this game when you are playing to introduce that kind of variable into the equation.

Comment

Good luck with another brokerage. IMO they all stink but E-trade isn't bad. Overall they do good. IB is the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X