No announcement yet.

Critters you won’t shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t shoot much of anything anymore. An occasional deer, a hog or two. I got “killing” out of my system years ago. I will cap a coyote any chance I get. I will shoot rats too. If the need arises I will take out what needs to be dealt with but I really just enjoy being in the outdoors and watching wildlife.

Comment

If it is legal to hunt, I will hunt it.
      I have never had a strong desire to shoot an elephant. But if I had the coin, and it was a big mature bull that was going to provide for folks... sign me up.

Comment

BATS! I never shoot bats. I have hard enough time shooting doves.

Comment

I think the only true pass for me would be a monkey of any type

Comment

Red Foxes and turkeys.

Comment

Armadillos, red cardinal, my wife’s cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Anything illegal and anything I'm not willing to eat. I've had my fair share of shots on foxes, bobcats, etc but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on something just for the mount

Comment

I don't shoot anything other than game animals and hogs anymore. Just don't have the desire.

Comment

Well for me its bobcats, snakes, turkeys. Have had many chances at all three but have never tried to kill one.

Now I absolutely love to gut shoot me some hogs tho.

Comment

Cool to read all these replies to see how different people’s minds and justifications on both sides of the topic work.

For me, I like to improve or conquer (usually taxidermy) something and then it’s off the list. Unless it’s super tasty of course.

Got a really nice grey fox a few years back, got it mounted and now have 6-8 of them at my feeder regularly and have enjoyed watching them grow/live.

Same thing with a javelina, but found a lady who makes amazing tamales so I take one every year now because I enjoy eating them.

Took a black bear in OR a few years ago. Was excellent grilled backstrap, amazing half body mount, but the best summer sausage I’ve ever had. Not sure if I’d go after another or not. No qualms either way, but it’s been conquered so on to the next.

For WT I just love the meat and antlers so that will always be a thing for me and was blessed with my first axis a few weeks ago and that’s definitely gonna be something I’m always looking for now. So tasty and beautiful animal.

Not sure I’d ever want to kill a monkey or baboon..... not saying I wouldn’t, just doesn’t really appeal to me when I think about it so I might pass if ever afforded the opportunity.

I am about respect. Even with hogs. Eat it, or take a trophy of some sort, even if that trophy is in the form of a pic that goes into my hunting photo album. Doing one of those things gives the animal respect and thanks God for the success and I am good then. Just how I see it and how I roll.... to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X