2021 White Bass Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
    Been catching a few at circleville but the cool weather has turned them off for a week now! Was catching 15 to 20 every day for past 2 weeks until Wednesday last week
    Same a few for the rest of us.
    This last week has me all discombobulated.

Comment

After all this ice when you think DFW will get running?

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        Interesting. Thanks for the tips. So that means crappie stacking to deep brush in river channels?

If weather is good may head up river after whites this weekend..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        Yes, channel edge, brush, bolders, rock pile, dead fall, what ever they are relating to.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Yes, channel edge, brush, bolders, rock pile, dead fall, what ever they are relating to.

Thanks! Hoping to try this weekend

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Mike, We need to get together and go fishing soon. I'm living in Benbrook now and can see the dam from my backyard.

Let me know when the whites and crappie start biting good.

Comment

That would be fun! There's a ton of hybrids in that lake. They've been stocking them for over 25 years. Almost every year.

I used to fish and hunt that lake all the time. It's close to my house for fishing. And it was the first public lands I ever hunted back in the early '80s. I know almost every inch of that ACE property. Lots of great history there too.

Comment

I've also caught my larger fish during Dec-Jan in flowing rivers below dams with a weighted bobber, and 3-5 foot leaders. Even when there's ice on the shore line, they will bite. Everybody has to eat sooner or later.

That sure worked below Buchanan years ago. Can you still get down there?

Comment

No access to below many dams. Many Corp of Engineers Lakes have normal access remaining. LCRA as an example blocked off. fenced off. Cables across rivers. As if a determined madman can not walk in thru the woods to cause damage? Feds for a change have shown more common sense on this matter and consideration to the behaved outdoors folks. I used to love fishing below Buchanan. No can do. Warmer days and whites at Granger beware. I'm coming and my major good fisherman grandson is coming with me.

Comment

2021 White Bass Thread

Checked one of my holes in White Rock creek. Fished about hour and a half and kept what i wanted to eat. Were not picky on color either. Caught on both Silver/chartreuse and Black/Hot Pink slabalicious from mr crappie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by bloodstick; 02-27-2021, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I will start checking some spots over the next few days myself.

Comment

Can't wait, may daughter calls it yanken

Comment

I’ve heard lots of people eat them I tried them once they were okay I didn’t season them enough but def a good appetizer for the main meal of crappie

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
                            I’ve heard lots of people eat them I tried them once they were okay I didn’t season them enough but def a good appetizer for the main meal of crappie

Im kinda partial to the smaller males. Get more meat off them than a crappie but the fillets are a little thinner than the big females. Fries up good. I guess its more if you were raised eating one vs the other.

Comment

Made a return trip with my wife this afternoon. She wanted more than just the 6 i kept this morning.
                              Put a nice stringer together with a bonus ditch pickle in there.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                                Made a return trip with my wife this afternoon. She wanted more than just the 6 i kept this morning.
                                Put a nice stringer together with a bonus ditch pickle in there.

Nice haul

Comment

Working...
                                X