Crossbow recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
    Am I the only one who like the Parker Tornado or Cyclone?

Both are great crossbows. Cyclone has the adjustable stock like an AR.
    i agree but the problem is Parker went out of business a couple years ago, warranty is necessary in the xbow world for some

Comment

Does anyone have contact info for the gentleman in Dallas that does the triggers on the Sniper 370?

Comment

Originally posted by JerryC View Post
        After numerous shoulder surgeries I could no longer shoot my bow. I gave it away in May. My wife bought me a Tenpoint Viper 400 with the Accuslide crank. It's awesome !

It's so easy to cock and de-cock that my 10 year old grandson does it by himself. If you let the crank go it will not spin back and hit you like the earlier versions.

Would be easy for your wife to cock by herself. Just my 2 cents.
        Hope that you and your wife enjoy the time together.
        x2

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Does anyone have contact info for the gentleman in Dallas that does the triggers on the Sniper 370?
          Pretty sure this is him Dale. Email and phone number at the bottom
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Pretty sure this is him Dale. Email and phone number at the bottom

Thank you, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought a Tenpoint Siege 410 and man it’s a sweet little rig just sighted it in today.

Comment

I use a 10 point Invader. It’s awesome. Between the bow, case, bolts, broadheads you’re looking at a minimum $1000. I use a 3X fixed scope.
                I use carbon express bolts and rage broadheads. I have never not recovered an animal. Lots of fun.

Comment

What bolt model are you guys having luck with on the Sniper 370? I cant get mine to shoot consistently at all with my setup.

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                    What bolt model are you guys having luck with on the Sniper 370? I cant get mine to shoot consistently at all with my setup.

20” Victory X-Bolts is what I’m shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by mdb View Post
                      20” Victory X-Bolts is what I’m shooting.

Maybe I'll look into those. I'm using Carbon Express Pile Driver 20" and for some reason I cant get them to group good even at 30 yrds.

Comment

I had an Excalibur, several years ago. Big, bulky, and reliable. If I had to pick one to be able to use a long time with little maintenance, I'd get another one. I am looking to get something a little more compact. Maybe a Scorpyd..

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                          Maybe I'll look into those. I'm using Carbon Express Pile Driver 20" and for some reason I cant get them to group good even at 30 yrds.

I’m definitely going to look into the trigger upgrade. Just like anything from pistol to rifle, a heavy trigger can cause a little target panic. At least it does for me.

Comment

Good deal here

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                              Ravin or Mission

Mission is owned by Mathews so the warranty is lifetime vs the 5 yr warranty on the Ravin
                              Own both....the Ravin is a very nice hard hitting option that has redefined the crossbow industry. I have both the R10 and the R29X and will not be parting with them anytime soon. The only thing about the Ravins are the string longevity....if you take care of it then it may last you a while. I also own a Mission Sub-1 Lite and use it for ASA/target. I really like this bow and it is worth every penny.
                              I would stay away from a used bow....if you are experimenting then check out the forums and get some opinions before buying. Just my thoughts/opinions.
                              Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Ordered a CP Sniper and the next day I ordered the upgraded trigger kit from Rich. I received the trigger kit yesterday, still waiting on the crossbow. My research shows that the trigger kit makes all the difference in the Sniper.

Comment

Working...
                                X