Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

West Texas Mgmt buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That arrow went through him so fast it didn't even appear to slow down. Great old deer.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Great video and buck sir!
        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Very nice, congrats Jason!

Comment

Well done. Congratulations!! Also enjoyed reading your write-up.

Comment

Great shooting! Congratulations!

Comment

Enjoyed it all. Congrats!

Comment

West Texas Mgmt buck

Thank yall folks..! Appreciate the good words!

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                  Great hunt and extremely nice gesture by the Thug!

Yes sir it was...I was surprised and very grateful for the opportunity to shoot a deer that old.

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                  Great deer, Smart and great write up! Brandon is as solid as they come.
                  Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                  Nice write up Jason. Good shot as well. Brandon is good people as you well know.
                  Congratulations!

Yes he is....helluva good dude. I don't care what his wife says...J/K Thug!..

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                  wow 10.5 yr old!!

That's what I said! Never hunted a buck older than 7.5 myself that I know of. I was excited.

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                  Enjoyed the read Smart. Congrats on the old bruiser! Any buck that old is a true trophy

Enjoyed the second camera angle as well.
                  Originally posted by slayr View Post
                  Very, very nice! That’s an old bruiser for sure and a heck of one to take out. Congrats man!

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  That's a trophy deer. He has seen it all. Great job to all involved from shot to video. Love old deer.
                  Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  The fact the deer was 10, makes it a trophy in itself. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with yall's sentiments as well. I was more focused on their age than their antlers. I was thinking 115 on this deer before I saw him in person, walked up to him and we scored him. I underestimated his body size in pics and was surprised to see it go where it went.

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                  Nice one....congrats. Have you thought about writing novels in your spare time

Sorry I'll include more pictures for you, Antler Collector and Rascal next time... Hey I only do it once or twice a year...Not every hunt..

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                  Looks like it was just the wind kicking tail end of arrow sideways since the wind was going left to right. Good job

I bet you are right. I was surprised to see it on video after the time I spent with it beforehand. Didn't even consider the wind.
                  Last edited by Smart; 12-23-2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    Heck ya, that's awesome and great buck! Congrats Jason.

I hit my buck in same area a couple of weeks ago...deader than a hammer but couldn't find my arrow and I had a lighted nock. Finally found it after looking for 15 minutes. The nock was completely covered up with blood and could see zero light even though it was lit up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had to brighten the video because the focus on the side window in the screen was causing the overall hue to be too dark... but in the regular unedited video you can see the arrow fly behind the big cedar tree in the middle. Brandon is going to look harder next time he goes out now that we have a better idea. It dang sure didn’t slow down much going through him .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1387.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	24639588

Name:	IMG_1388.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	24639589

Name:	IMG_1389.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	24639590
                    Last edited by Smart; 12-23-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Congrats again, Jason. You drilled that buck. Perfect shot!!!!

We enjoyed the visit and the hunt was a lot of fun. That crazy wind definitely added to the experience. My fingers were frozen and not working right when I was trying to text and video. Lol. Glad it all worked out. That Grim Reaper zipped on through all kinds of quick. I’ll find the arrow next time I’m out, hopefully.

I texted Jeremy to come on over, right after you shot. Even though I was pretty sure I seen the buck go down, it was pretty cool having Us all there for the short track and short drag back to the road.

I have a lot of respect for ole Droopy. He’s an OG.
                      Last edited by Bone Thug; 12-23-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Fun to watch!

Comment

Enjoyed the write-up ,Hero!
                          We enjoyed getting to share the experience with you. Ole Droopy was definitely a old sucker! He was no match for the Grim Reaper in the V tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats Jason!

Comment

Great job fellas.. Cool stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                                Enjoyed the write-up ,Hero!
                                We enjoyed getting to share the experience with you. Ole Droopy was definitely a old sucker! He was no match for the Grim Reaper in the V tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol... good seeing you too Jeremy and that wonderful wife of yours [emoji41].

They don’t call it the deadly V for nothing. I’m just mad I’ve been aiming behind it all these years .....that spot is money in the bank!

Comment

Working...
                                X