Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You’re daughter wants to barrel race... remember this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go dad. You're doing it right. Grady Allen is friend of mine but I haven't hunted with him in several years. I'm sure you know his daughter Kappy. Good luck to your daughter. Don't take one moment for granted and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
      Embarrassing them is payback for all you mentioned along with tge "must have" massive trailer with sleeping quarters, the constant desire for a 15 second horse, and buying a new bit every week thinking that will make tge difference. But, ya gotta love em.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
      Nope Gator runs in one bit... he warms up in another. He knows his job just like Riley knows hers. It’s kinda of funny how after they warm up and they switch bits it’s like the flip/turn the hat backward moment it’s time to go. Gator has probably now over 100k in earnings both professional and amateur he knows his job
      Last edited by BrandonA; 12-23-2020, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
        Way to go dad. You're doing it right. Grady Allen is friend of mine but I haven't hunted with him in several years. I'm sure you know his daughter Kappy. Good luck to your daughter. Don't take one moment for granted and enjoy the ride.
        Grady Allen is a friend of mine too, great man.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
          Grady Allen is a friend of mine too, great man.
          Yes, Great man. He used to come up to Fork and take pictures of us with fish, ducks etc. You never knew when you might open a Field and Stream and see your picture. He would invite us to stay at his house every year and goose hunt on one of his properties. Our kids were always welcome. Great man!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Nope Gator runs in one bit... he warms up in another. He knows his job just like Riley knows hers. It’s kinda of funny how after they warm up and they switch bits it’s like the flip/turn the hat backward moment it’s time to go. Gator has probably now over 100k in earnings both professional and amateur he knows his job
            That's a good horse. Awesome for her. Definitely a sport that teaches responsibility like no other. I make jokes on the stereotypes in rodeo, but have to commend and give respect for all we do for horses.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
              That's a good horse. Awesome for her. Definitely a sport that teaches responsibility like no other. I make jokes on the stereotypes in rodeo, but have to commend and give respect for all we do for horses.

Gator is big and strong and a jackass big kid most times. He is fast but has to trust the jockey. It’s taken awhile for them to build trust. I’m not so sure the previous owner wasn’t abusive in some way. Gaining his trust has taken time

Comment

Comment

I hear ya. Both my wife and daughter turned cans and roped. I’m the banker, videographer, equine chauffeur, chute boss, tack repairer and whipping boy. But it’s all worth it when they wrap their arms around your neck in a big hug and say thanks for all you do.

Comment

Working...
                  X