Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to bed at half. Did Sam opt out at half?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      I went to bed at half. Did Sam opt out at half?

His shoulder did..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        His shoulder did..
        He get hit?

Comment

College Football Bowl Games

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          He get hit?

He got hit and fell on it. The announcers were trying to decide which one did it after running through several clips early in the 3rd. They showed some clips of him favoring it in between plays as well, but when it happened is still up in the air.

He was in a sling in the second half

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            **** This is the first time hearing all these negative takes on Sam.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The young, dumb millennial Texas fans have been hating on him all year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I love me some Sam.

But, I also think it’s time to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I really enjoyed watching Texas play last night. First of all, Colorado was not very good, but Texas did have 7-8 starters that did not play so I was expecting a much better game. This gave the opportunity to play a lot of the young talent on the team and that was what I wanted to see. The young talent showed up and was great to watch those young guys get on the field.

For me, it still comes down to coaching with player rotation being the biggest head scratcher. My opinion is Tom Herman is still learning on the job and the problem is a place at Texas is not the spot for that. He is arrogant, but not confident and that shows. He thinks he has to spread the playing time around or give PT to a player that is pouting because they are not getting snaps. He doesn't want to upset any of the players instead of letting his best 22 on the field. The player rotation is maddening.

I do think Herman can/will be a good coach down the road, but right now he is average. If Texas was to stick with him for another 4-6 years, I do think he would be a Championship Coach but unfortunately for Tom, he does not have that kind of time. This was the year with a Senior QB, OU probably as down as they have been in years (of course you knew by the end of the year they would be playing better) for Texas to win the Big 12. Herman missed big time in 2021 recruiting as well. If he couldn't do it this year, then when?

I do think Texas moves on from Tom Herman in the upcoming weeks and I do still think Urban is the guy. I am not 100% this is going to happen, but there are just to many things lined up in my mind. In the end, I do think this team is better than where it was in the past 4-5 years and the only thing holding it back from taking the next step is Tom Herman and that is why that needs to be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I don’t see it happening. He’s Tebow without the skins
                  This is what I see . Kid with a lot of heart .

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    This didn't age well. Lol.
                    Are you OK? Are you seeing something we aren’t?

Comment

Don’t get me wrong the Thompson kid looked pretty dang good but it was against Colorado. Remember Gilbert he looked pretty good against a great Alabama team . And we saw how that turned out . I maybe wrong but I think Thompson maybe legit though .

Comment

All time leader in pretty much every category and
                        Y’all are ready to move on [emoji51] careful what you wish for.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                          Don’t get me wrong the Thompson kid looked pretty dang good but it was against Colorado. Remember Gilbert he looked pretty good against a great Alabama team . And we saw how that turned out . I maybe wrong but I think Thompson maybe legit though .
                          Gilbert struggled in that game. 4 interceptions. He couldn't get out of his own head while at Texas.

And, true.

Colorado isn't much better than UTEP.

Comment

I don't think it benefits the program for him to come back for a fifth year. You lose even more QB's if he returns.

Comment

I think we’ve seen Sam’s ceiling at Texas. Whether that be his skill set or the coaching. Either way, he gave everything he had. He will go out as one of my all time favorites in burnt orange because of how he played the game. But, everything and everybody eventually runs their course.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                                I think we’ve seen Sam’s ceiling at Texas. Whether that be his skill set or the coaching. Either way, he gave everything he had. He will go out as one of my all time favorites in burnt orange because of how he played the game. But, everything and everybody eventually runs their course.

All I’m staying is good luck replacing a guy that’s literally #1 in all things qb for your program

Comment

Working...
                                X