Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      https://www.si.com/college/2021/01/0...rman-hypocrisy

Interesting point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sounds legit

Comment

I heard on sports radio yesterday that CDC wanted to keep him. Any truth to that?

Comment

Even Pat Forde doesn't believe that narrative. Sports writers have to be shock jocks today in order for anybody to read their stuff.

College athletics is a business. Texas Football is one of the few self-sustaining programs in the country that does not take state or university money. Matter of fact, they actually give to the academic side of the university most years. Some athletic departments have to take loans from the academic side of the university. Texas made an investment into their football program to continue the success, just like any other business would do faced with a decision about its future.

They took a run at Urban and had their hooks in him until the NFL came around, then they had to pivot to the next best option out there. Texas was not going to fire Herman until they had a coach signed. Sark is the dude, so let's see if it works out.

Comment

"So in that respect, this is just a bunch of rich guys deciding they need a new football coach and stroking the checks to make it happen. It would be nice if some of that money could go to restoring the jobs of those who were laid off, or refunding low-level employees who took a pay cut—but screw them. This is college football."

Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              I heard on sports radio yesterday that CDC wanted to keep him. Any truth to that?
              No. After he went against CDC mandate of the players must remain on the field for the Eyes of Texas, that relationship was over.

Herman burned every bridge in the building. His only way to keep his job was to win and he failed to do that.

Comment

The Texas coaching search started after the Tech game. Herman was never coming back.

Comment

Early 2021 Heisman odds:

Comment

I'd put my $$ on Rattler for next year.

Comment

I bet TexAgs and you slurped a few sentences up in there like it was the nectar of the gods. Probably sent yall into a full body .....well you know..... The jar is full.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                        Early 2021 Heisman odds:

Kellen Mond is coming back!?

Comment

People were talking coaching trees earlier in the thread, here is Sarks developmental background and his primary mentor in life is an extremely succesful JUCO coach.

Steve Sarkisian (born March 8, 1974) is an American football coach and former player of American and Canadian football. He is currently the head football coach at the University of Washington, a position he has held since the 2009 season. Sarkisian played college football as a quarterback at Brigham Young University and professionally with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. He has worked with quarterbacks during most of his coaching career. After a standout baseball an

Beyond this, I'm sure he has gained plenty of knowledge as a member of each coaching tree he has been a part of. He has far more experience than Herman in both the NFL and College ranks. I hope he can get it done at Texas! Would make for one H-e-double-hockey-sticks of a comeback story.

Comment

A kid to watch next season will be Bijan Robinson. Herman screwed him over as he is the best back on the team.

As a true fish. He played in 9 games with 6 starts. Had 915 all purpose yards in those games. His rushing stats. 703 yds on 86 attempts for an 8.2 average and 4 TD's.

With this new staff coming together, he's going to tote the rock.... a ton!

I wont be a bit surprised if he ends up between 1500-2000 yards rushing should he remain healthy.
                            Last edited by Chad C; 01-06-2021, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Need new thread. Tapatalk is bogged down.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Need new thread. Tapatalk is bogged down.

X2

Comment

Working...
                                X