This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Sounds like Flood is not the only coach Sark is targeting from Bama, Cuz is saying he’ll pursue Wiggins as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking back on the Strong and Herman hires, those guys were DOA with their opening staffs. They chose guys that helped them get there vs guys who had the chops to get Texas to the next level. If Herman had the current staff to start, we probably aren’t talking about a new coach right now.

Sark’s staff is something I’m watching closely and CDC said he has whatever he needs on that front. I saw Sark said it’s has to be a good mix of recruiters and teachers so he gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      Looking back on the Strong and Herman hires, those guys were DOA with their opening staffs. They chose guys that helped them get there vs guys who had the chops to get Texas to the next level. If Herman had the current staff to start, we probably aren’t talking about a new coach right now.

Sark’s staff is something I’m watching closely and CDC said he has whatever he needs on that front. I saw Sark said it’s has to be a good mix of recruiters and teachers so he gets it.
      Sark knows what he is doing.

Comment

I think this is spot on, th would still be there had he brought in ball coaches instead of buddies from the jump. I knew several of his original staff personally, I would not have invited them to coach a high school team with me. Th is arrogant and thinks he’s the brightest guy in every room, made him some $ but cost him a whole lot too.

Comment

Where will TH end up?

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
            Trent Dilfer?
            Lol, I was going to say Russell Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
              I think this is spot on, th would still be there had he brought in ball coaches instead of buddies from the jump. I knew several of his original staff personally, I would not have invited them to coach a high school team with me. Th is arrogant and thinks he’s the brightest guy in every room, made him some $ but cost him a whole lot too.

It will be interesting to watch Tom’s next move. I also think his arrogance cost him this opportunity. Is he willing to humble himself by taking an OC job and working his way back or will he try to get another HFC so he’s the man.

I love the business side of college football, so this time of year is so much fun with all the moving pieces. Tom losing his job probably caused 100 other people to change / lose jobs with the domino affect.

It sounds like the NFL is targeting several college coaches so could be a few openings. There’s a lot of good DC jobs open right now too.

Comment

And just how much money is ole Sark gonna make? . . How many years? . .

Comment

It will be interesting to watch Tom’s next move. I also think his arrogance cost him this opportunity. Is he willing to humble himself by taking an OC job and working his way back or will he try to get another HFC so he’s the man.

I love the business side of college football, so this time of year is so much fun with all the moving pieces. Tom losing his job probably caused 100 other people to change / lose jobs with the domino affect.

It sounds like the NFL is targeting several college coaches so could be a few openings. There’s a lot of good DC jobs open right now too.
                  Th might enroll in the saban rehab program, he has at least one opening

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                    Th might enroll in the saban rehab program, he has at least one opening

Wouldn’t that be crazy? Have them swap jobs and salaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

College Football Bowl Games

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                      And just how much money is ole Sark gonna make? . . How many years? . .

I haven’t seen a single report on salary which is very odd. I’m sure it’s $6M for 5 years or in that range.

There is a report of an open check book for assistants though.
                      Last edited by Heath; 01-03-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post

Lol, I was going to say Russell Wilson.
                        Just last year? Mahomes.

The NFL is going towards mobile QBs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-03-2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Sounds like Drayton will be retained

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            Sounds like Bijan and his crew will be retained

Comment

Ehlinger heading to the pros

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                                Ehlinger heading to the pros

Thank you to Sam. He left it in a better place than he found it. Whatever the future holds, he will stand among the greats.

Hook’em.

Comment

Working...
                                X