No announcement yet.

Wyoming elk applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WyoBull you really should try the Snowies some time, hunting is not bad for a general tag.
    We play the odds for our LQ tags and do ok drawing the area we prefer.
    Residents have plenty of access for hunting in Wyoming, we can just go purchase general tags for deer an elk and go hunt public land. LQ areas are a random draw for us though.

Residents and NR can not apply as a party together in Wyoming.

The PP application is July - Nov 2.

WyoBull I would like to hear form you later on the winter up there. We have little snow on plains around here but mountains are looking ok for snowpack.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post
      I have 16 points built up. I may try to draw next year. Is there an area and outfitter yall would recommend?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Sent you a pm on this.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
        Sent you a pm on this.

Got it. Thank you for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sleepymedic several folks have come up and gone outfitted, they should have good recc. for you.
          A DIY hunt with your PP would be awesome as well.

Only outfit for sure I would not recc. is SnS.

Comment

Wyoming is too far. Don't apply lol. Just kidding. I try to go as much as possible. Best bang for your buck....for now. Good luck to all that apply. I only have one elk point so will be getting another this summer.

Comment

I have only ever hunted elk in Colorado but would love to make a little longer road trip to Wyoming. Now just to convince my father-in-law that he should make the switch with me!
              Thanks for the info so far in this thread, it is helpful for sure.

Comment

Here's a bump for the 2022 Wyoming elk applications.
                Info is up on the website for 2022 right now but keep in mind quotas could change for LQ elk a bit by May. https://wgfd.wyo.gov/hunting

Apps are again due by Jan 31 but drawing is in May.
                Hold your antelope and deer applications until quotas are set in April or early may.

The Wyoming Super Tag drawing has also moved to Jan. 31 deadline for entries. You win the right to buy a license.

Comment

Working...
                X