No announcement yet.

Heart recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last one i aged in the fridge for 6 days. Trimmed away all the exterior that changed (not sure what you'd call that portion). Trimmed/cut into 3 whole pieces, then toss it on the skillet with butter and garlic. Turned out amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Hey wise ***, have you EVER posted ANYTHING of value or contributory to this forum? Let me answer that for you. NO!
      Why are you trying to sow discord? I've seen this joke made 100 times about carp and various other internal animal organs. AFAIK it was a light hearted joke.

BTW. I like to cut all the white valves out slice thin and then lightly beer batter it and fry. Dip it in white gravy. Great for an appetizer.
      Last edited by Hunting4fun; 12-16-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artemiz View Post
        MeatEater's got an interesting whisky butter recipe I want to try.

Celebrate your next successful hunt with a memorable meal that is easy and delicious. With just a handful of ingredients, you can serve a meal that’ll make you wish ungulates had more than one heart. Here at MeatEater, we believe that heart is the perfect cut to enjoy after a pack out. You don’t...
        I use the whiskey-butter recipe with tenderloin. It’s awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
          Backstrap works great as well

Comment

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I sliced some up about pinky finger size, marinated it in alegro for a day. Then sauteed some onions on a sizzling griddle, chunked on the grassy for maybe a minute. The it on a tortilla and wemt to town on it. It was better than the tenderloin I had from the same deer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                I sliced some up about pinky finger size, marinated it in alegro for a day. Then sauteed some onions on a sizzling griddle, chunked on the grassy for maybe a minute. The it on a tortilla and wemt to town on it. It was better than the tenderloin I had from the same deer.
                Yep, the heart is an excellent cut, dare I say the best cut from a deer?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                  I use this recipe as well. Absolutely love a good deer heart.

Comment

Some excellent recipes we got going on here

Comment

I cut up soak in soy sauce and brown sugar maybe 2 hrs. Make some chicken fried rice, then cook the heart quickly in hot pan great easy meal.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaSmurf View Post
                        I cut up soak in soy sauce and brown sugar maybe 2 hrs. Make some chicken fried rice, then cook the heart quickly in hot pan great easy meal.
                        Guns up yee yee

Comment

Dress up elegant and sexy. Say nice things. Compliment appearance. Be positive and optimistic. Make me believe everyday is sunshine and rainbows for 8 years.

Then, go screw around behind my back 3x.

That's how you cook a heart. Or how my ex prefers it.

Comment

I like it fried and also like it cooked with onions, like liver and onions.

Comment

Working...
                            X