Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In need of a new place for sausage making

Hey gang,
    My long time guy has retired (Allen's Sausage Kitchen) and I am in need of someone to take my boned out meat and whip out some sausage and burger.
    Allen gave me three places in the area that I might try.
    County Line in Porter
    D&C in New Caney
    Overalls in New Caney
    Anyone have any feedback on any/all of these? ... good, bad, whatever would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

I love D&C in New Caney. Dennis makes great sausage. They can season your hamburger meat as well. They have a steak seasoning that you should try out on your ground meat.

He has the cleanest processing facility you will ever see.

I’ve never waited over a week to get my meat back.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 12-15-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

In need of a new place for sausage making

I have a deer at County line having hamburger made but I haven’t gotten it back yet. They old me 4 weeks.

My best friend uses D&C in and swears by them and they are fast.

D&C is located in woodbranch.

The Overall boys are good people too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

R&D Processing on Treswuig in Spring Texas. Just down the street from the original Carters Country. They also give back to YOUTH hunting locally and support the Star of Hope Homeless Shelter every year with processing confiscated and donated deer. Heck Charlie, if you don't like what they give you I will transfer to you another deer to take it somewhere else. (We have 34 MLD tags to fill in earnest starting in January.)

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          R&D Processing on Treswuig in Spring Texas. Just down the street from the original Carters Country. They also give back to YOUTH hunting locally and support the Star of Hope Homeless Shelter every year with processing confiscated and donated deer. Heck Charlie, if you don't like what they give you I will transfer to you another deer to take it somewhere else. (We have 34 MLD tags to fill in earnest starting in January.)

I’ve never tried them. I may send one their way soon. I’ve used most of the other ones in the area

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I’ve never tried them. I may send one their way soon. I’ve used most of the other ones in the area
            I was the same way.........until they opened. They are definitely growing, I saw additional folks in there last week.

Comment

Wording!

Did you just say you need someone to whip out some sausage?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

I have used County Line for years and have noticed in the last few years it is taken allot longer to get my meat back. But, the sausage is still good!
                I haven't tried Overalls for processing, but he has done a few mounts for me...might have to try them out. Might look into D&C also...
                I have used Ainsworth in Crosby for a couple of animals and their sausage is good.

Comment

D&C is really good and fast and you can get it made how you want it he even puts gummy bears in some.I have also used R&D. These would be the only two I would use if we did not start doing ours a few years ago at home. D&C has one of the cleanest facilities you will go in and you get your meat back.

You will not be disappointed with either.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow guys! Thanks for all the feedback! I had actually used D&C the year after Harvey. My guy got flooded and was down for that season. I just couldn't remember which one it was... AC's description and the name Dennis triggered my memory tho... It is indeed a clean facility! Sausage is pretty good too... Guess I'll take this batch there. Then if I get more, I'll try the others.
                    Thanks again everyone!
                    well alomst everyone... DonPablo, you need yo mouff washed out wit sope!

Comment

if your lease is in south tx and you come back on 59, take it to Cernochs in Rosenberg. Double cheese and Jalapeno. I guarantee you will not have it made anywhere else again. Gets the Ed's special seasoned deer burger for ground. Its Legit as well. Been going there for 15 yrs

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

Hey thanks for the offer Oscar!! We have tags to fill too... probably not that many as we've killed our does, but them bad ol simmer bucks gotta go too... We gonna start gettin' after 'em this week while we wait on a big ol ruttin' South Texas monster to step out...

Comment

I think Chubby's at Moss Hill can fix you up also.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure of your location - there’s also Moye’s Processing & Taxidermy in Livingston. They do a great job IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by captteddy View Post
                              Not sure of your location - there’s also Moye’s Processing & Taxidermy in Livingston. They do a great job IMO.
                              You need to try some of the others mentioned here. He’s not bad, but there’s better. I’d say the same for Reed’s Processing in Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                              X