Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Star Wars geeks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
    do you need to know what's happened in the movies to follow the Mandalorian?
    No. Not really. It helps a little, but basically the Mandalorian takes places after and in a different part of the galaxy. It rarely even references events from the films. I can’t even watch the last movie of the latest trilogy, the first two were that bad. Honestly, I didn’t mind the prequels too much, but Rogue One and the original three are great.

Comment

Essentially you get introduced to Mandalorians, Mandalorian lore, and Asoka in those episodes.

If you watch the entire season you will catch things in The Mandalorian that is brilliant foreshadowing of what people believe will come in later episodes.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm sure it'll take me another 41 years to actually finish watching them all once I do get started.

Comment

Ironically, I just finished the Rise of Skywalker minutes ago for the first time.

For me being a fan from the beginning, I was 7 when the first one came out. I say watch them by release date for your first time through. Each trilogy has its high points and low points but tell a story. I think Lucas envisioned it this way from the start.

Imo rogue one and solo dont contribute to the overall storyline but provide some entertainment.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            Ironically, I just finished the Rise of Skywalker minutes ago for the first time.

For me being a fan from the beginning, I was 7 when the first one came out. I say watch them by release date for your first time through. Each trilogy has its high points and low points but tell a story. I think Lucas envisioned it this way from the start.

Imo rogue one and solo dont contribute to the overall storyline but provide some entertainment.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
            Agree.
            Star wars came out when I was a kid still love it.
            You may enjoy the entire saga more than guys who remember star wars as the greatest movie ever made when they were kids.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi are the only ones you need to watch.

Star Wars is a great, iconic movie. Empire is however, by far, the best (and the darkest). Return of the Jedi would be a much better movie if the Ewoks were edited out entirely (the redemption story and struggle is actually really good).

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
                Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi are the only ones you need to watch.

Star Wars is a great, iconic movie. Empire is however, by far, the best (and the darkest). Return of the Jedi would be a much better movie if the Ewoks were edited out entirely (the redemption story and struggle is actually really good).
                This..... Get the original 3 down first before moving on.

Yes I'm a Star Wars geek. We had the Trivial Pursuit Star Wars edition in college. It would shock you how full of useless info is stuck in my brain because of that game.

Bib Fortuna
                Salacious B Crumb
                Sy Snoodles and the Max Rebo band

Comment

This is the way

Comment

Watch them by release date. That’s how they were meant to be watched.

Comment

Man people hating on the prequels in here! I'm a big star wars fan. I'd recommend going in chronological order. The prequels are great, the original trilogy is great, the sequels however can be skipped but I'm sure the kids will love them. They just don't have the magic that the other do.

If you really want to get into it, I'd recommend watching the clone wars. I know it's a cartoon, but man is it great star wars content. It takes a few episodes to get into, as do most shows, but give it a chance. Though I completely understand if you'd rather not watch it.

Comment

So, question of the day is:

What do you dyed in the wool Star Wars fans think of the season two ending of the Mandalorian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
                          Watch the original Trilogy, Rogue One, and The Mandalorian, skip all the rest.
                          this

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
                            do you need to know what's happened in the movies to follow the Mandalorian?

If you want to watch an entire season of a dude babysitting a baby Yoda then you will love the Mandalorian

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              Rogue One, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Solo and don’t waste your time on the rest

Solid advice!

Comment

Not a clue

Comment

Working...
                                X