Just bought a Jeep. Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
    Yep. My wife has a 2014. We spend about the same amount every month on repairs as we do on the payment. No exaggeration. If she didn’t have to have it for delivering mail I’d burn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Really? We had a 2014 we put 120k on and it wasn’t in the shop ever other than maintenance. Does her’s have the pentastar engine?

OP, skies the limit on mods, I have a 2019 Sahara now that I left stock other than putting some BFG at 10 plies on the day I bought it. It’s a machine and they break but I’ve had pretty good luck with them as long as you keep up with the maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
      Really? We had a 2014 we put 120k on and it wasn’t in the shop ever other than maintenance. Does her’s have the pentastar engine?

OP, skies the limit on mods, I have a 2019 Sahara now that I left stock other than putting some BFG at 10 plies on the day I bought it. It’s a machine and they break but I’ve had pretty good luck with them as long as you keep up with the maintenance.

The majority of the problems are ABS and traction control issues. Which in turn makes it where it won’t upshift. We’ve spent over 5k trying to get it fixed this year. $1250 at the dealer last month. Hopefully it’s solved now.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
        There is a lot going on in that photo. Lime Green Classic Mini?! Would love to see that photo.

The Jeep is obviously awesome.

And the K1500 in the background? Was my dream truck in HS. Still love them, such great trucks.

Sorry to derail OP. Carry on.

Comment

Your build will never end. Even when you don't have funds, you will find small things to add and tinker with!

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
            The majority of the problems are ABS and traction control issues. Which in turn makes it where it won’t upshift. We’ve spent over 5k trying to get it fixed this year. $1250 at the dealer last month. Hopefully it’s solved now.

Gotcha, that sucks. I have a friend that is a rural route driver, he told me how often he has to replace brakes, I was shocked.

Comment

Turn in your man card.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Call a wrecker??

Comment

Spare cash to fix the problems. Had an 11 and it was the definition of POS. Lost count of the number of EGR valves I replaced and as mentioned above ABS sensor issues. I will say, when it was running right, it was dang near unstoppable offroad.

I hope you have better luck than I did and surely you will if yours is newer than a 12.

Comment

So far the best setup I have ever ran is the AEV lift. Last jeep I had I regeared to 4.56, 4” lift, 37s and a fox adjustable stabilizer. It was the best riding and driving jeep I had had. I have run pro comp, skyjacker, and rough country and the AEV was the best.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                      That is all the way bad ***!

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                        Turn in your man card.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Still have my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
                          One tons, 4 link, LS swap, beefed 700r4, atlas, 40" stickies, full cage, keep COG low, cut the **** out of the fenders, and have fun?
                          I like the way you think 😘

Comment

Start ordering spare parts now so you will have them when the fail.

Comment

You need to look at burntcustoms.com or their IG page.. they have some awesome stuff for keeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
                                One tons, 4 link, LS swap, beefed 700r4, atlas, 40" stickies, full cage, keep COG low, cut the **** out of the fenders, and have fun?

I’m buying this exact Jeep in couple of weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X